Moonshadow Comic arrived!

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:00 pm

@ Silver Moon - if you don't have the time to scan, I already have several pages of the comic on my computer; they aren't my scans but I'd be happy to put them up or scan some other ones.

I also have quite a few Japanese comics and individual fan cartoon-style drawings with the Japan boys. If anyone is interested, I can scan those and put them up. Don't know what's going on in them because they're all in Japanese, lol. Those come from Ongaku Senka, Viva Rock and 8Beat magazines.

Edited to add: There was an American indie comic called "Airshell", first issue came out in April this year. I swear that with the cover illustration the artist used David as the model. In the rest of the comic, the character doesn't look like him, I think a different artist drew the cover. Unfortunately, although I pre-ordered it at my comic shop, the demand was greater than the printing and I couldn't get a copy. But I do have an ad for it, I'll scan that soon.
Last edited by heartofdavid on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:23 pm

That would be great!! Thanks a lot for sharing all that great stuff heart!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:40 pm

Hey heart! I'll scan the moonshadow pics if you post the other ones you have!! They sound excellent! Thank you for sharing all of your rare and beautiful pictures with us!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:09 am

@ Silver Moon - great, I'll scan those others. Bit of a warning about them. The Japanese liked (and still like) to depict pretty boy pop stars in a yaoi manner, meaning 'slash' (boys love). Nothing really graphic, but it is evident in many of the comics.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:19 am

I can't wait to see it all!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:39 am

heartofdavid wrote:@ Silver Moon - great, I'll scan those others. Bit of a warning about them. The Japanese liked (and still like) to depict pretty boy pop stars in a yaoi manner, meaning 'slash' (boys love). Nothing really graphic, but it is evident in many of the comics.

That's what I heard! And it's fine- Man, you should see the stuff they do to Harry Potter...

I'll scan those comics later today!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:51 am

Yeah, I'm aware of the Potter stuff but don't find it interesting because I don't like Harry Potter. It's well done though.

There was a yaoi doujinshi (sp? - fan written/illustrated manga) about David and Japan called "Allan"; I've only seen the cover but never any interior scans, supposedly it's hard-core but you can't tell by the cover which has a photo of David.

I 'm a huge yaoi and slash fan, happen to be a slash writer myself.

Thought I'd mention about the content though in case any one objected. :-)
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:34 pm

Oh, that's naughty, slash is. Naughty naughty. :lol:
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:01 pm

heartofdavid wrote:Yeah, I'm aware of the Potter stuff but don't find it interesting because I don't like Harry Potter. It's well done though.

There was a yaoi doujinshi (sp? - fan written/illustrated manga) about David and Japan called "Allan"; I've only seen the cover but never any interior scans, supposedly it's hard-core but you can't tell by the cover which has a photo of David.

I 'm a huge yaoi and slash fan, happen to be a slash writer myself.

Thought I'd mention about the content though in case any one objected. :-)

That's cool you're a slash writer!! What's your favorite pairing? hehe...

Oh yes, Do you know where I can see the cover of this Allan manga- Sounds... Interesting... Ok- Off to scan!

Thank you again,
-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:26 pm

Silver Moon wrote:That's cool you're a slash writer!! What's your favorite pairing? hehe...

Oh yes, Do you know where I can see the cover of this Allan manga- Sounds... Interesting... Ok- Off to scan!
I write Duran, Japan and crossover slash. I also like to use OCs (other characters), sometimes in a pairing and sometimes as a supporting character. To write, my favorite pairing for Duran slash is Simon/Nick, David/Mick for Japan, and David/Nick for crossover.

I just posted the "Allan" cover, it's a small pic.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:53 pm

Thank you for posting! I love that picture of him!!

-K-

PS: I'll probably have those moonshadow scans up by tomorrow evening!
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 am

i found the moonshadow book on amazon.com for 26 bucks
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:40 am

@ Gods - the reprint is available (that would be the entire graphic novel) and it does contain all the original text and illustrations except for the "Sylvian" issue (there are some Sylvian-type illustrations but all the full-face ones are gone). I see this 'complete' one in bookstores and comic shops, I've never seen it with the original illustrations for that one issue. If it has it, that is really a find!

I've only seen the original in comic collector shops, and that's rarely, although I hear it does come up on ebay. It's one of my favorite comics, I think equal to some of Neil Gaiman's stuff.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:51 am

oh bummer.... ok well i'm not going to buy it then :-) thanks for the info
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Christophe on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:30 am

Hi all ! Fist message on this forum !

If you really want to have the first -sylvianesque- version of Moonshadow published by Marvel/Epic...
Go there : http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=54758085334&snumber=1

I bought it here.

I'm a comics fan and i read the DC version (the same that you can find in tpb version and so "Sylvian-free" ). Moonshadow is one of my favorite comics. I've learned that there were a slight connection with Sylvian many years later ! When two worlds collides...
Last edited by Christophe on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christophe
Noob
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia