JapanSylvian.com movies

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby krausy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:13 am

I love the "Still Life in Mobile Homes"---that is hilarious!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:20 am

Silver Moon wrote:This is myspace Every single teenager and their buddy has one in the US- It sucks out your soul... I even have one! But a lot of people on this site have one too... But our souls haven't been sucked out by it.

-K-

I love your page Kera - there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt who your heroes are. :D I found Mick's MySpace page a while back (which is ironically how I found JapanSylvian.com), had a look and just assumed it was somewhere where you could tell the world about yourself and maybe hook up with other likeminded peeps. But I can imagine how it can 'suck you in' as you say!

Indidentally, you have someone called Lil Devious further down your page - is that someone who contacted you or the other way round? they've done some work with Mick havent they?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:29 pm

kinki wrote:
Silver Moon wrote:This is myspace Every single teenager and their buddy has one in the US- It sucks out your soul... I even have one! But a lot of people on this site have one too... But our souls haven't been sucked out by it.

-K-

I love your page Kera - there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt who your heroes are. :D I found Mick's MySpace page a while back (which is ironically how I found JapanSylvian.com), had a look and just assumed it was somewhere where you could tell the world about yourself and maybe hook up with other likeminded peeps. But I can imagine how it can 'suck you in' as you say!

Indidentally, you have someone called Lil Devious further down your page - is that someone who contacted you or the other way round? they've done some work with Mick havent they?

Yes! Mark DVS of Lil' Devious added me one day and sent me a message saying that they made music with Mick Karn! Of course, I checked it out right away and it was great!! I was so excited that a band that was so cool to have Mr. Karn play with them was messaging me! You should check out their stuff!!

But anyway, about myspace and sucking out your soul- It has become a big drama-fest for the teens... Ex's stalk their ex's, people read mean blogs about other people, people hack other people's myspaces... People start false-rumor-starting myspace pages and on and on and on!! Plus with all the pedophiles out there it is CRAAAZZY!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Silver Moon wrote:It has become a big drama-fest for the teens... Ex's stalk their ex's, people read mean blogs about other people, people hack other people's myspaces... People start false-rumor-starting myspace pages and on and on and on!! Plus with all the pedophiles out there it is CRAAAZZY!

-K-

Hmmm sounds somewhere to avoid except in small doses - must check out Lil Devious and listen for those Karn basslines....
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:19 am

Speaking of MySpace...

Is it just me or has the Japan MySpace (well, there are five or something, but I mean the most popular one) disappeared off the face of the earth? I checked in with my page, and Japan is in my top eight or whatever, and my top eight is down to seven, and lo and behold- Japan is not there! Didn't come up in a search, either, very dodgy.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:55 am

lastgoldstar wrote:Speaking of MySpace...

Is it just me or has the Japan MySpace (well, there are five or something, but I mean the most popular one) disappeared off the face of the earth? I checked in with my page, and Japan is in my top eight or whatever, and my top eight is down to seven, and lo and behold- Japan is not there! Didn't come up in a search, either, very dodgy.

I noticed that too! I saw saw my top 16 dropped one, and I gasped and said "WTFJAPANDELETEDMEHHH!!!" Or something like that. I went to their URL and it seems they have deleted, or have been deleted from their myspace account. I wonder why this is? Oh well, there is another Japan myspace and I shall add them!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:36 am

There are Japan Myspaces? Suddenly Myspace sounds a whole lot more interesting.
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:11 am

really?? i wonder what happened there??? i didn't have them added and I guess now I won't. Perhaps they were forced to be pulled???
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:33 am

I don't have a clue about that, but I know there are more Japan spaces.

Oh gods! I found your profile and added you ^^
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:14 am

oh cool... going over to myspace now ;-)

I try to play it low key on myspace as i do find it incredibly creepy .... However i do have andy taylor's son's band Electric City Music on my top list. Check them out... they are a great new band with lots of talent and tons of room to grow!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:00 pm

Oh! great! I'll check them out...something born from Duran has to be good!! :lol:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:11 pm

I want that Japan MySpace to come back. :cry: It was the best and loads more popular than the others.

godisinthesilences wrote:I try to play it low key on myspace as i do find it incredibly creepy .... However i do have andy taylor's son's band Electric City Music on my top list. Check them out... they are a great new band with lots of talent and tons of room to grow!

Ha ha, agreed about the first part. The only reason I got one is because I was goaded by some friends, meh. I will have to check out Electric City Music, I believe I saw them advertised in the LJ Duran Duran community before but didn't have time to look at the moment.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Agh, sorry to resurrect an told topic, and totaly change it- But...

Part... VI

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Previous

Return to General Discussion