Entering

Tell us a little bit about you...

Entering

Postby qdes on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself.

My path in finding David Sylvian seems to differ a lot from the majority in here. First I ran into Samadhi Sound by accident. Nine Horses - Snow Borne Sorrow had just come out and I was drawn to it over and over again even though I disliked Sylvians voice at first. The detailing of subtle melodies beneath the surface and Sylvians charismatic and elegant - yet sincere - lyrics draw me in. After that, I was even more impressed with Blemish, and then everything else came rolling in to my record shelf. With one notable exception. I can't stand Japan. I've glanced through their discography but have been unable to find anything I liked (although I don't mind the more modern live versions).

Some other artists I love as much as Sylvian include names like Krister Linder, Saul Williams, Thomas Feiner and Harold Budd.

I've been reading this board about a year now, but the anticipation for Manafon drove me to actually write something.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Entering

Postby neonico on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 pm

hi qdes i think you and me have the same fequency my way to sylvian was the same and sorry i hate japan but i love harold budd robert wyatt sweet billy pilgram and all what is on samadhisound and the older david sylvian .

the younger david was for me as kraftwerk once said a schau fenster puppe. and a bad one at that, he looked and acted like a lady diana clone and with his diana mimick just embaressing im glad he came out of his schell. :oops:
neonico

Re: Entering

Postby Bern on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 am

qdes/neonico "I hate/can't stand Japan"

get your tin hats on I'll let you know when it's safe
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself