Er well ..... here goes

Tell us a little bit about you...

Er well ..... here goes

Postby Barbierian on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:02 pm

I'd like to introduce myself (coughs nervously), I'm what I would consider a pretty original fan going back to 1980 when I discovered Japan as a 16 year old. None of my friends appreciated the band and thought I'd gone a bit strange by living and breathing them as I did - on that basis I'm delighted to say that I still must be strange as I love them today as I did then. When I was 17 I moved to London to live and work and subsequently was lucky enough to see Japan at the Hammersmith Odeon in November 1982 on their farewell tour, but best not to mention that as I'm still in denial :cry: :wink: .

I've kept up with what the guys have been up to since ... preeeetty well or so I thought until I really started to put my back into it a few weeks ago and came across this forum and realised what a wonderful loyal fanbase they still have.

I love the work of Sylvian and appreciate his genius as ever (really excited about the new album) but I also have a big squidgy soft spot for someone else (the clue of course is in the name) and I think I read he sometimes visits here (gone all shy now :oops: ).

Anyway, that's me for now - really looking forward to chatting in the future :-)
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Welcome to JapanSylvian!

I love your username! lol. I look forward to reading your future posts!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Nath on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 am

hello and welcome!!!!

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 am

Welcome to the forum!

Now... if you want to be online at the same time as a certain Anglo-Italian keyboard player, Porcupine Tree Forum really is the place to go - or so I'm told :wink:

(not suggesting for a minute, Silver Moon, that Barbierian should use PTF INSTEAD of this forum...)

And, on that note, you really need to rush out and buy every Porcupine Tree album, right now!
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am

anortherncod wrote:(not suggesting for a minute, Silver Moon, that Barbierian should use PTF INSTEAD of this forum...)

... Or this said 'Anglo-Italian keyboard player', either!!! :smt044

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Barbierian on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome.

anortherncod wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Now... if you want to be online at the same time as a certain Anglo-Italian keyboard player, Porcupine Tree Forum really is the place to go - or so I'm told :wink:

(not suggesting for a minute, Silver Moon, that Barbierian should use PTF INSTEAD of this forum...)

And, on that note, you really need to rush out and buy every Porcupine Tree album, right now!

Well, I have an admission to make - I went to have a look at the PTF last week just for a nosey and ended up registering. Anyway, the next time I logged in guess who was underneath me in the list of people currently online and who had logged in at exactly the same time? Came over quite unnecessary I can tell you!! How sad, probably isn't even him :roll: still the cheap thrills are few and far between these days :lol:
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:08 am

Oo! What's your username on PTF? Mine is the same - you'll probably have noticed that anyway, I'm all over General Chat like a rash... :lol:
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 am

anortherncod wrote:Oo! What's your username on PTF? Mine is the same - you'll probably have noticed that anyway, I'm all over General Chat like a rash... :lol:

I'm registered as Lhasalil which is the name I use generally on the net (after my dog Lily who is a Lhasa Apso) although I've not posted yet - still mooching. I don't know why I chose a different name here - wanted to nail my colours to the mast 'spose :-)

Must say I've noticed you there too and also on Pioneers - reading your past posts has been an invaluable source of information in the last couple of weeks :)
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:22 am

Well, I'm glad to be of service - especially since I have spent rather a lot of time skriking my eyes out on PTF :oops:

Anyway... GET POSTING!!! We were all new once :D
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm sure I will in time, just feel that this place is a bit more of a "comfort zone" for me as I half know what I'm talking about :-D
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:57 pm

I saw you there earlier! Just ease yourself in with What Are You Listening To? or Shared Word threads, you can't go wrong :D
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself