Dreaming of Japan

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 am

well lets just hope he is well and taking care of himself now :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 am

I heard Boy George was vegetarian, If he is still vegetarian (he ate fishes though), why he is...?

long time ago, I watched TV progrom about a girl, she eats just vegetables and a lot of vitamin pills, but she was medium height and build.
it said there were a lot of bacteria to prepare the protein into to her bowels.

According to old books, David ate little, he drank soup a lot so slowly after one of the show, he seemed so hangry then.

I'm not so much interested in food except chocolate, without chocolate, I feel ill.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Chocolate is the food of life!
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:09 pm

chocolate and coffee... Food of the GODS I tell you.

I'm mostly a vegetarian. I get sick... very sick if i eat meat too often. I don't really enjoy eating it either. Sort of nauseates me.

Actually we all have parasites in our intestines... the older we get the more of them we have to contend with. If one is a large eater of meat then you tend to have more parasites due to intaking whatever is in the meat. Now I'm not saying peoples meat is full of parasites, but if you are intaking flesh of another animal we are all bound to intake whatever that animal intook. I do detoxing and nutritive cleanses a few times a year and I plan to do a parasitic cleanse in the coming months. It helps to keep ones digestive system operating better and gives the body more energy in a natural way.

However, don't misunderstand... I still eat my c hocolate... if i was told tomorrow i was allergic to chocolate i think i would just have to kill myself cause i can't give it up. LOL HA HA.... I already had to give up caffeneited coffee... no one is going to pry my chocolate out of my hands!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I don't want to eat meat, every meal contain meat....

I ate pork recently, soon after I felt like :smt078 , I think meat is too heavy for me.

Finally I dreamed David :D
I entered a gym or warehouse or pavilion, there was a small stage and David played with guitar. woodbass and drums were on stage too, but he was not steve. I seated, then soon changed the seat more closer to him (there was not so many audience) listened to his dreamy sounds.
I can't remember rest of it, maybe I woke up by heat of this summer, pushed the button of the air-conditioner, then slept again.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Sadly, I've never dreamt of David or any of the ohter Japan boys. Would like to, but haven't....

BTW, I've been a vegan for four years (not in homage to David, I hasten to add - total coincidence) and I'm pretty tubby, so his thinness can't be blamed on his animal-free diet. Mind you, if the Everything and Nothing sleeve photographs are anything to go by, David's diet is somewhat more austere than mine.
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:53 pm

yes i'm not some skinny minny either... but i'm working at eating more clean now. Definitely notice a difference. But it ain't easy when deep fried food says "hello" to me. And I definitely have to "pet" the cookies in the cookie aisle at the grocery store... it's like visiting a good friend in jail. LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I thought about becoming a vegetarian, too... After being on the Atkins diet, I decided meat wasn't for me... Chicken breast? Pork Chop? Steak? Blah... I hated meat...

Until I met Matt! He totally opened my eyes to the world of meat. If meat were vegetables, all 'pure cuts' like chops and chicken breast would be the celary. Bland and tasteless.

Since I've met Matt I've tried Blood Sausage, Liver Sausage, Head Cheese, Pork Fat, Barbeque, A properly cooked steak, and even foudn out a properly cooked pork chop can be good!

For years all of the meat I have eaten was fried in butter with NO seasoning and flopped on a plate. Always dry, always bland. When I met Matt, he would season, tenderize, marinate, and cook the food perfectly. He'd grill the meat, and leave it perfectly uncooked in the middle... And it was always juicy.

Now that I have had meat prepared for me the right way, and have tried different kinds of meats. (It's true the innard parts are better!) Meat is great!

Mind you, I know it's not healthy to eat blood sausage and Liver sausage every day but it's something great to try. I better eat them while I can now because I am going to be dieting soon! ;)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:yes i'm not some skinny minny either... but i'm working at eating more clean now. Definitely notice a difference. But it ain't easy when deep fried food says "hello" to me. And I definitely have to "pet" the cookies in the cookie aisle at the grocery store... it's like visiting a good friend in jail. LOL

Oh yeah I agree... A few of my weaknesses are Pizza, Ramen and Ice Cream... I was raised on these foods!!

Matt was apalled that most of my 'childhood foods' were from a box! ^_^

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Chet on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 pm

this topic has turned in a surprising way.
but, well, talking about food... I've been a vegetarian since 1994
but decided to start eating seafood when I was in Japan in 2003
and since then I do eat Japanese food, not the meat,
many of my friends turned vegans in the 90s, but I just love food too much.
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Kera I'm happy you found the "wonders" of eating meat, but EW i was just grossed out by your list. Properly cooked or not I personally don't like the flavour of meats. That is what grosses me out the most. Then I start thinking about this being another living being with the same insides i have... and then that just grosses me out even more. LOL It is more i'm just grossed out by it all. I'm happy for you though that you found something you enjoy :-)

I was brought up on really healthy foods as my father has had high cholesterol and heart issues. My mom changed the families diet not just my dad's. So lots of veggies and fruits... multi grain breads etc. My problem was I felt like i was deprived of having things as a kid... cookies, ice cream, soda and what not. I started over indulging in these items when i got into college. That is what started to jack up my weight. I also have a problem where i gain weight very easily... has to do with my female organs and insulin issues (not diabetes).
When i started having the bad eye problems I started to realize how "dirty" my diet had become. Then I discovered essential oils and intaking them internally... i also started really upping my herbal supplements and in the past 6 months have started to really go "clean" with my diet again. No real weight change has happened but I feel a lot better internally.

Now if i could just get off my fat rump and exercise daily i would be even more better off.... LOL .... I get so sidetracked and then don't think about it again until 11pm or something at night LOL.

Wow i got really going on a real tangent there. LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Chet wrote:many of my friends turned vegans in the 90s, but I just love food too much.

Fair point, but loving food and being vegan aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. When I went vegan, several of my friends and family said I'd be miserable eating such a limited, unappetising diet. All of them now, to a man, on a regular basis steal my food because it's better than what they were planning to eat. My chick pea and coconut curry and vegan chocolate fudge cake, in particular, have to be kept under lock and key if I want any to be left by the time I come to eat.

But I must admit, I still crave sausage and egg McMuffins when I'm hungover.

gods, sorry to hear you've had so many health problems and glad the diet is helping. I know what you mean about your parents' healthy diet making you crave sweet things, though - I was brought up by teetotal parents and I've subsequentry always been a bit too fond of the sauce and find it hard to know my limit.
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:36 pm

ok Mel your chickpea curry sounds delicious!

I know some of my issues also have to do with having a bit of an addictive personality trait.... i too could easily go overboard with drink and smoke. I quit smoking and don't really drink anymore. Now if i could just give up my keen interest... ok my LUST ... for cheese and chocolate (no not together.... hhmm perhaps if i combine them i'd crave neither...interesting.....).
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:32 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:I'm mostly a vegetarian. I get sick... very sick if i eat meat too often. I don't really enjoy eating it either. Sort of nauseates me.

Ditto! Exactly the same thing here! I guess I can't claim to be a 'proper' vegetarian since I do still eat fish but no other meat - no thanks!!! BTW: thanks for the info about the parasites - that is totally GROSS! :smt078
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:18 pm

Astronaut wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:I'm mostly a vegetarian. I get sick... very sick if i eat meat too often. I don't really enjoy eating it either. Sort of nauseates me.

Ditto! Exactly the same thing here! I guess I can't claim to be a 'proper' vegetarian since I do still eat fish but no other meat - no thanks!!! BTW: thanks for the info about the parasites - that is totally GROSS! :smt078

Let me gross you out even farther... there is a method of ridding ones self of many these parasites and you get to see them when you go poo.... gross and cool all at the same time :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion