Dreaming of Japan

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:14 pm

man someone is really mad about david not touring certain countries...LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:28 am

oooh so this could be the explanation of the dream :D i've been thinking of it's meaning for a while now, but this one seems logic.. a pity, i almost went to see him in Spain! still, poor guy :roll:
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:30 am

Had a dream last night about David I thought I'd share for a laugh.

He'd released a new album, 6 disc set - three vocal, three instrumental. I was having a barbeque when he showed up as the mailman and delivered the CD. I asked him to stay and join the party, which he did. The CD packaging was an intricate box which folded out into compartments - each CD was of a different color. I wanted to hear the vocals discs first - dragged my stereo speakers outside to allow my guests to listen. The first one I popped in started with a duet...with David Cassidy. It was surprisingly good and came with a video which somehow projected onto a screen that had magically appeared hanging from a tree branch. In it, the two Davids were walking through a grove of trees, sort of like the beginning to Preparations for a Journey.

After the song, David insisted I try the second vocal disc. This opened with a cover of Presley's "Suspicious Minds" done very slowly - wasn't very good I thought. I was looking at the titles for the third vocal disc and noticed they all contained the word "Rag." I'd just begun checking out the other three discs when David mentioned that we had to leave immediately or we wouldn't make it to the theatre on time - seems we were going to see a play starring John Wayne. I said to David, "How is that possible? He's dead." David replied, "That won't make any difference."

Unfortunately, that is when I woke up.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am

heartofdavid, your story reminds me of "Weatherbox".... :)
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Heart... that is a crazy wonderful dream. I love those!

the cd set sounds like a combination of his japanese version of the polaroid book and weatherbox. LOL

Thanks for sharing that!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Well I very, very rarely dream of Japan or David or stuff like that, however just 3 days ago I had a dream about Richard Barbieri ( calm down Natasha - it wasn't erotic in the slightest). It was about 19 year old Richard and I was at his house in the 1970's complete with groovy psychedellic orange and pink wallpaper. He was lounging around in his bedroom being a real a*shole: showing off coz he was gonna be a big superstar now that he was in a band called Japan! His older sister (does he have an older sister?) called Caitlin (not very Italian is it?) told me to ignore him coz he was just an annoying little sh*t and promptly thumped him with a pillow. Just then David walked in wearing the most hideously revolting trousers ever imagined. He walks up to me and says: "Hey you!Hows it going? Oh, Rich? Yeah - he's a prat! Ignore him!"

Weird huh? :lol:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 pm

hee hee... i love hearing about peoples dreams! LOL i won't bore you with a wacky dream i had about andy taylor a few years back. LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 pm

No, please don't! If Andy Taylor was in it it must have been more like a nightmare than a dream! LOL! :twisted:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:56 pm

never dreamt of the boys. but often end up in a record shop i don't recognize, and they always have some fancy vinyls of David and Japan featuring song titles i never heard of and showing photos I didn't know existed. I always buy what I haven't got and run home to listen. and it has happened a few times that I have heard some songs so far unreleased... and it's so annoying to wake up, and so hard to remember what the songs sounded like...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Chet, I like your dream! Maybe your mind's found a link to an alternate universe where Japan didn't split and David's solo work is only a side project? :wink:
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Astronaut wrote:No, please don't! If Andy Taylor was in it it must have been more like a nightmare than a dream! LOL! :twisted:

LOL I love andy so to me it was just a really wacky type dream :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:25 pm

I've never dreamed about Japan, and only about David once. For some reason I recently dreamed that someone had written a letter containing a lot of information about David, especially his and Ingrid's marriage and the reasons for their divorce. A lot of people were trying to get their hands on this letter, and the media was in a frenzy looking for it. I was house hunting, and went to look at a house my realtor recommended. The front room was bare except for a large wooden table. On the table was the letter. I picked it up and though I didn't open it, I was contemplating what to do with it. About that time the door opened and David walked in. He came over to me and held out his right hand. He didn't say a word, but just from the look on his face, kind of a pleading look, I instantly knew that no one had a right to it but him, and that it was private and very important to him. I handed it to him, and he smiled, bowed slightly and walked out of the room. I knew I'd made the right decision.

Why I dreamed this I don't know, except that I've had really strange and vivid dreams all my life.
Last edited by Fire Rose 45 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Meyrav on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:35 am

Astronaut wrote:Well I very, very rarely dream of Japan or David or stuff like that, however just 3 days ago I had a dream about Richard Barbieri ( calm down Natasha - it wasn't erotic in the slightest). It was about 19 year old Richard and I was at his house in the 1970's complete with groovy psychedellic orange and pink wallpaper. He was lounging around in his bedroom being a real a*shole: showing off coz he was gonna be a big superstar now that he was in a band called Japan! His older sister (does he have an older sister?) called Caitlin (not very Italian is it?) told me to ignore him coz he was just an annoying little sh*t and promptly thumped him with a pillow. Just then David walked in wearing the most hideously revolting trousers ever imagined. He walks up to me and says: "Hey you!Hows it going? Oh, Rich? Yeah - he's a prat! Ignore him!"

Weird huh? :lol:

HAHAHA!! Astronaut!! I like that dream....it's sounds so real...so real that it must have happend-just with other girl sitting there.
I like the part about Sylvian's trousers! I wish i could see them~~ :oops:
Meyrav
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:39 am

I don't know...

I go on holiday for a week and find that other people are dreaming about Richard! When will it ever end? :wink:

(I'm still on holiday btw. Does that make me a real saddo...?)

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Recently, I dreamed Steve and Richard will release album together.
it wasn't Dolphin Brothers
(in reality, Steve mixes Richard's album! :D )
it was just like an information thing.

when I took a bath a while ago, I was awake but very sleepy, somehow I saw an image in my brain, David walking in Japanese forest.
Last edited by E.T. on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion