Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:21 pm

LOL

That was great too Melaszka!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Mel that is absolutely fab! Serves her right for being so complacent! BTW: any ideas who she ended up marrying - was it Mr Minger (or worse?) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:07 am

karnsculpture wrote:The funniest Japan story I read was how Mick ended up testifying against Rich in court when he was supposed to be speaking for the defence... I think that was post-Japan but it's true. It's somewhere on "Nightporter" in either the Richard Barbieri or Simon Napier-Bell Q&A's.

It's in the interview with RB... funny how I remember that when it's your site!

I wonder what Rich was in court for...? :shock:

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:24 am

Astronaut wrote:Mel that is absolutely fab! Serves her right for being so complacent! BTW: any ideas who she ended up marrying - was it Mr Minger (or worse?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly, I've no idea. But her name wasn't Ingrid. She was actually a really nice girl, so it's not as morally satisfying as your story.

Posted by karnsculpture
The funniest Japan story I read was how Mick ended up testifying against Rich in court when he was supposed to be speaking for the defence... I think that was post-Japan but it's true. It's somewhere on "Nightporter" in either the Richard Barbieri or Simon Napier-Bell Q&A's.

What court case was that?
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby girl about town on Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:58 am

:smt006 Hello again,

I have been busy at work :smt076 and have not checked in here for a while, I've missed loads of good stuff!! "Hi" to all the new members :smt039

I have a funny (well judge for yourselves) tale about myself and my love for DS and a slight misunderstanding.

I was at a party about 14 years ago and had had a "few" :smt101 tipples (alcoholic drinks) and was talking to a woman and her boyfriend. During the conversation I was quite animated :smt041 and kept saying enthusiastically (and with slightly slurred speech) how much I loved David Sylvian. The girl looked at me quite strangely :smt104, nonetheless I continued with my undying love :smt055 for David Sylvian, using adjectives such as "marvellous", "amazing", "unique" and "beautiful". The girl still continued to look slightly puzzled. After about 15 minutes of my declarations of devotion, the girl turned to me and asked me how I knew her uncle and aunt. Now it was my turn to look confused, I replied "I don't know your aunt and uncle, I've only met you three times". She then proceeded to tell me that I had been talking about them for the last quarter of an hour. I continued to to deny all knowledge of her aunt and uncle - at which point she turned to me and said "Why do you keep talking about Dave and Sylvia then?" Turns out she had never even heard of David Sylvian and must have thought I had a bizzare fascination with certain members of her family! All was then explained.

A friend had been listening in on this conversation from the stairs and had told me it had been hilarious to witness - I personally think he could have helped me out!

Ah, such is life. Alas not a cool story about Japan, just a daft one about me!

Nice to be back. :D

girl about town

xxx
Last edited by girl about town on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"These are years with a genius for living"

Mr Sylvian
girl about town
Regular
Regular

Postby Melaszka on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: This story is hilarious. Presumably she didn't like her uncle and aunt much, as she looked at you strangely when you said all those nice things about them?
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Ha! Ha! You dippy bird! I say that with heartfelt respect coz it's the sort of situation I find mysef in a lot! So pleased I am not alone in my social mishaps and misunderstandings! Dave & Sylvia - how funny is that - OH how I laughed!

Good to have you back with us Girlabout! ;-)
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:47 pm

sisterlondon wrote: And then there's the "Are you Voyage72?" story with Rich, but you all know that one already :oops:

I'm afraid I don't know about this story. Could someone enlighten me a little, please? :-D
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Astronaut wrote:
sisterlondon wrote: And then there's the "Are you Voyage72?" story with Rich, but you all know that one already :oops:

I'm afraid I don't know about this story. Could someone enlighten me a little, please? :-D

Well, far be it from me to rain on Sis' parade (!) but, as far as I know...

She met Richard after a PT gig - only last year, I think - and he asked her, "Are you voyage72?" (her username on PTF) and of course she was!

The point is that there is a mysterious user on PTF called RB. Over there you can see who's been on the board that day; well, RB is on almost every day but never posts anything, so the general consensus is that it is actually Richard.

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:29 am

That's exactly what happened Natasha, for my shame! :oops: These days RB has been quite a lot around the PTF, but he's always silent ;)

Great stories everyone! BTW, this is not a story, it's a pic, but I found it quite amusing (or maybe I am obsesive?) I took this one in Cologne when I saw PT there last december

sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:06 am

Maybe that could be a venue for a German meetup one day!

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Great idea! Can it coincide with a beer festival? (not that I'm an alcoholic or anything - but ...) :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for enlightening me Natasha + Sisterlondon! Hey, that Mr Barbieri is a dark horse isn't he? Skulking around the forums checking out what we are saying about him! We love ya Richard! Some of us more than others - nods towards anortherncod :shock: heh! heh! heh! And before you try to get your own back - yeah! I KNOW I fancy Mick Karn! There you go - said it out loud and in public! :shock: :shock: :shock: (It's true - I have no shame!!!)
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:19 am

Well, I'm just waiting for the moment that I meet Richard and he says to me, "Are you anortherncod?" :lol: :lol: :lol: And that'll be just before I faint!!! :oops:

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion