Dreaming of Japan

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Dreaming of Japan

Postby Cheery Cherry on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:01 am

Have you ever had a dream of David, Steve, Rich, Mick, and/or Rob? Please share!

Last night, I had a dream of Steve. It seems we were at a community center or something...but it looked like a huge bar. Anyway, they had a public shower room (much like the ones you see in a locker room or a camp site) and it was a filthy one with grime all over the walls. The place was empty besides me and Steve. It was first thing in the morning and I went in to take a shower. In the dream, I didn't see Steve as a famous person...just a friend I recently met that I was very attracted to and I was trying to impress him with some modesty. Steve went into the shower after me and he also cleaned the whole bathroom walls as well. I found that to be strange....he was just about suggesting we should do something together and I was just about feeling like he was attracted to me too and I woke up *huge sigh*.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:55 am

Damn - I'd fall back asleep just to see what happened next. *steals your dream* :smt050
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:46 am

You got to meet your idol who took a shower in your dream AND he did the tidying as well?! Bonus!

I had a dream once that I went into Woolworths (of all places) and discovered a CD rack of rare Sylvian CD's; all brightly covered (like Japanese imports or something), but I only had enough cash for a couple.

I once had a dream that I spent the entire summer recording music, watching Noddy and playing 'Medal of Honour: Vanguard' on the PS2. Oh...that wasn't a dream was it?!

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby deadbees on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:07 am

Steve's tightening his security as we speak
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby krausy on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:42 am

Yes, I would say Steve is going to peep in the shower before he goes in from now on...................

.............then he'll say, "Darn, she's not here! Guess it will be cold water again......" :twisted:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

starlust

Postby billster on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:35 am

Check out the (Long out of print ) 'Starlust' book by the vermorals (sic).
Some weiiiird japan dream stuff...

(Pity poor bruce Foxton)

Billster
billster
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Cheery Cherry on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:13 am

So you mean to tell me no one else wants to share their dreams? C'mon, I can't be the only one!!!!

BTW, the book Starlust is difficult to find!
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 am

My dreams tend to be...more graphic, lol.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby New Romantik on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Uh, here's my boring dude dreams... :-D

I just dream that I AM one of the members of Japan, and I have my own awesome hairstyle and outfits and all...I play a second set of keyboards and drums sometimes, and we mostly just play already released Japan songs, although once and a while in my dream I'll create a song, and it's weird because it's like a fake JAPAN song in my head, one that sounds like it could be a real song by them, but I'm literally making it up in my head as I dream...

Then, we hang out and walk around town all cool and stuff, go into churches and monistaries and just kind of hang...like friends. It's really an innocent and non-involved dream. But it was cool nonetheless...
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:06 pm

I think your dream sounds nice!

I often have dreams that include the Japan guys; most times they don't have a promiment role, just make an appearance somewhere in the background, or else it's the opposite extreme. But last night I had a tame dream about David (with a brief appearance by Steve).

It began in a boardroom. David and Steve looked as they do now. I was sitting at the head of the conference table. David and Steve were on opposite sides, glaring at each other. For a long time, nobody spoke. David would drum his fingers on the table. Steve would imitate him. David would frown and take a drink from a glass of water. Steve would do the same. Finally, David said to Steve, "You're being impossible!" Steve smirked and replied, "No, just exceedingly difficult."

I laughed and the dream changed.

Now David and I were in a television studio. There is a show here called something like "Design Star", where interior decorators compete to get their own design show. In my dream David was one of the contestants. I was just his cheerleader, sitting off to the side. The panel of judges announced their decision - it was a tie between David and a girl (who was someone I had worked with ages ago in real life) - they each would be getting their own show. A news crew appeared to interview David, and I stepped up - seems I was now his girlfriend or wife or something, that part wasn't clear. Anyway, I told the reporter interviewing us that "I'm immensely proud of David!" David smiled shyly, and said that "We're going shopping for new clothes!"

Suddenly we were on a long main street. Each of the shops was a log cabin. Across the street was a forest of giant Redwood trees - some had been carved into totem poles. The shops were having a sidewalk sale, mostly clothes. Racks and racks; lots of people shopping. It was cool outside and they were selling mainly pullovers and jackets. David stopped in front of a window display that had the ugliest pullover - he pointed to it and looked at me hopefully. I scolded him, "Absolutely no plaids! And navy is not allowed, you look like sh*t in it!" He wasn't very upset at my outburst, and proceeded to look through the racks, pulling out one ugly pullover after another - putrid pink with green blotches - powder blue with brown circles - each worse than the last. I kept saying, "No! Not that one!" Finally, I found a very nice brown one, like coffee with milk color, and it had a rust and dark green leaf pattern on each side. It was too small and I was going to try and find a larger size but as David went to put it on, it grew bigger and fit him very well. He said he would take it but that he would also like that icky pink one he found. Before I could protest, I heard a loud beeping and turned toward the source of the sound...

And found I had woken up and was staring at the alarm clock. :lol:
Last edited by heartofdavid on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby New Romantik on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:32 pm

Great dream! Thanks for sharing, and what incredible detail! The whole thing about the dream suddenly chaning reminds me of my dreams as well... :D
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:56 pm

I write down the dreams I remember, often put them in my LJ - I tend to remember best the ones I have just before I wake up.

I don't think I've ever had a dream (or else I don't remember) where they were band members, actually part of a musical group - don't know why that is.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:16 pm

Cool---you dream in color!!!! :-D

Actually, I think everyone does, at least I do.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:37 am

Dreaming of Japan... mine tend to be rather x-rated.

But I do have one recurring image that appears in a couple of dreams. It probably sounds strange, but it is the start and end of the silver moon video, - maybe my dreams are trying to tell me something?? Maybe I simply ate too much chocolate before I went to sleep?
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm

yeah i had this very finest dream where David was shy and poor in stupid clothes and i was in some dirty old sovietic room all in tiles and all too acoustic; oratoring something to my family and david sitting in the corner, and as i said he was all shy and poor and silly, so i walked to him and began insulting him :( and and like if it wasn't too much, i began beating him and shouting on him HEY WHY ARE YOU SO SHY STUPID AND SCARED?? poor Dave.. i woke up and felt so bad about this dream!
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to General Discussion