What does everyone do for sport?

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby sheisnot on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:35 pm

kinki wrote:
sheisnot wrote:and I dance Flamenco. I've been taking flamenco classes for almost four years now--it's become this over-riding passion that drowns out almost everything else. I'm more obsessed every day.

I adore watching Flamenco - it's so passionate - can you recommend any good flamenco music to buy by any chance She?

Camaron de la Isla is the best. Get his early stuff with Paco de Lucia--it's the best flamenco you'll hear. Other good people: Carmen Linares, Lole y Manuel, Manolo Sanlucar, Tomatito... Also, the soundtrack to the Spanish film "Vengo" has some outstanding music on it.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

come dancing

Postby jenny taylia on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:49 am

godisinthesilences wrote:gee the dancing chat reminded me that as a child i used to do gymnastics and ice skating. I had completely forgotten about that!

I tried 'Ceroc'........once. I was far too unco-ordinatd to be any good at it though. I went ice skating for the first time in 15 years last Christmas as they built a temperary ice rink in Windsor. Again, I was useless and took the whole hour to manage to stand up without the aid of the edge of the rink. 'Bambi' sprang to mind! I think i'll be leaving it for another 15 years.

David
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

Postby kinki on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:42 am

what's ceroc Jenny?

Thanks for the heads up about Flamenco music She, much appreciated...
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jenny taylia on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:30 am

kinki wrote:what's ceroc Jenny?

Thanks for the heads up about Flamenco music She, much appreciated...

It's a French dance very similar to 'Jive' where yourself and a partner do set moves and generally throw each other around. My version was where I went the wrong way all the time and trod on their toes!
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Open Season