What does everyone do for sport?

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby kinki on Wed May 24, 2006 2:42 pm

I love it that we can turn a thread about sports back into talking about Japan again...... :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed May 24, 2006 10:39 pm

kinki wrote:I love it that we can turn a thread about sports back into talking about Japan again...... :D

But of course!!!! That is the sport we ALL have in common so it has to be mentioned eventually.

and I love your sig---great idea!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed May 24, 2006 10:44 pm

proggrl wrote:Sport, hmmm? Well, I do try to get to the gym as much as possible, but I haven't been lately. :oops: I do a bit of bike riding and along the beach walking. I also like to play a bit of basketball with my daughter. She'll be on a team again next year, so we'll be out practicing again. :) That's lots of fun and good exercise. We also like to go skating (rollerblading, but I did get a pair of regular speed skates I might start using!!).

Otherwise, unless it's a group gathering playing some stuff, that's about it for me. Not much of a baseball fan, but I like my BoSox. I do get excited for American footsball. Go PATS!!!! Although now that I'm in FL, I gotta give some love to the Bucs. :-D

I really love the beach too. I grew up on the coast so it was the main thing to enjoy during the summer--well for that matter, year-round!!!
We have a Civil War era fortress that sits on Beaufort Inlet, and I love to sit there in my beach chair and watch the boats go by. That same inlet serves the State Port so I also get to see massive ships go through that little channel so close you could almost reach out and touch them. Most times I will take my fishing pole and just cast out, not really caring if I catch anything or not. usually it is some kind of bait fish, but if there are any kids nearby they love to come look at what you bring in before you throw it back out!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

out in the quarters on penalties....again

Postby jenny taylia on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:41 am

My 'Bag' is football, i'm afraid (or 'Soccer' as it's often called in the USA). I used to play for a local team up until 4 years ago when we disbanded mainly due to being disallusioned with how violent Sunday football had got and also disallusioned with how badly I played it.

I'm still in mourning due to England being knocked out of the World Cup 3 days ago on penalties yet again in the quarter finals, also yet again.

I need cheering up, somebody here cheer me up, please....

I also like playing (but not watching) tennis. Actually, i like watching the women play tennis on TV but possibly for all the wrong reasons!
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:57 am

HA HA JENNY.... LOL.... the tennis comment, hee hee goood one!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:25 am

Since I've been sick I haven't been able to do anything without coughing and wheezing, but when that's not going on, I occasionally run (I'm trying to get into it more regularly), I do some yoga and I dance Flamenco. I've been taking flamenco classes for almost four years now--it's become this over-riding passion that drowns out almost everything else. I'm more obsessed every day.

Not a big sports fan, though. In fact, I really don't like sports at all and I especially hate watching sports on the tv. I've just never been wired to be a sports fan, I guess.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:14 pm

sheisnot wrote:I dance Flamenco. I've been taking flamenco classes for almost four years now--it's become this over-riding passion that drowns out almost everything else. I'm more obsessed every day.

Really?? That's great!! I used to dance it too among with ballet.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:26 pm

Very cool, I wish I could dance! My friends did drag me swing dancing a few weeks ago but I just sat and watched the coordinated people dance.

Er... I took karate a long long time ago, I guess that counts as a sport. :roll:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:54 pm

gee the dancing chat reminded me that as a child i used to do gymnastics and ice skating. I had completely forgotten about that!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:33 pm

I should dance again... It's the only thing that really made me feel great and alive. I really still can't understand why I quit it...Teenagers can be so stupid sometimes... :?
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:37 pm

Ooh, gods, I used to ice skate, too. I mean, I never took lessons but I just went out to the public rinks and skated there. I actually had enough coordination to ice skate and rollerblade, quelle surprise! I could never roller skate, though... I can't even stand up in those bloody things. :wink:

Now gymnastics was and is way out of my league. I can somersault and that's about it.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:32 am

balance beam was my specialty. I took ice skating lessons... i loved them. I used to roller skate all the time too... now that was my forte. I can not rollerblade for shite! it is all i can do to stand up in them. first time i went i managed to sprain my thumb... i sprained it when i was trying to take my skates off, the wheels went out from under me and i sat on my hand.... OOOOWWWWWWW!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:54 pm

OUCH! I rolled over my fingers quite a few times...

I would always frequent the skating rink, and once, when the brakes on my skates were worn out, I accidently ran into a foot-high platform on the side of the rink and flat on my face in the middle of the arcade games. :wink:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:48 am

sheisnot wrote:and I dance Flamenco. I've been taking flamenco classes for almost four years now--it's become this over-riding passion that drowns out almost everything else. I'm more obsessed every day.

I adore watching Flamenco - it's so passionate - can you recommend any good flamenco music to buy by any chance She?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:08 am

@last.... oh that is embarrassing.... ha ha... but i bet it was as funny as everyone said it was when i sat and my hand and then couldn't get off it cause i still had the skates on. It was very much like a cartoon to watch....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Open Season