modern life is rubbish!

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby krausy on Tue May 23, 2006 10:05 am

I actually posted the pic because it was the most recent at the time, and then realized I had the shirt on--lol.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 23, 2006 11:03 am

I love you krausy!!!! Your the best sista a girl could ever have!!!!
Looking forward to you settling into your new house and posting shots of that for us all to partake in!!!!
Namaste'
-laura-
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 23, 2006 11:54 am

godisinthesilences wrote:following pursuits that in general promote a well being of state of mind. I think that is why in the past few months I've really been interested in different spiritualities, for ex. buddhism. I think if we all took into account mindful meditation and compassionate thinking for one another we would begin to be happier and more fulfilled.

Agree totally - I feel like I've stepped back from the world in the last year and deliberately try and make my life run at a slower pace. I think it is much better for ones mental state...

godisinthesilences wrote:All the buying buying buying... greed and wanting more is to fill up some unfulfilled spiritual core in each of us.

That's it on the nail - sometimes I feel that all we are put on this earth to do is to consume - it's so empty and pointless because it doesnt make us any happier....

godisinthesilences wrote: Being less aware of time and more aware of what is happening at the moment....

I've started trying to do this more - it definitely works - even the most mundane moment can take on some sort of depth and meaning...

I think David has talked about doing this too...
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 23, 2006 12:54 pm

kinki wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:following pursuits that in general promote a well being of state of mind. I think that is why in the past few months I've really been interested in different spiritualities, for ex. buddhism. I think if we all took into account mindful meditation and compassionate thinking for one another we would begin to be happier and more fulfilled.

Agree totally - I feel like I've stepped back from the world in the last year and deliberately try and make my life run at a slower pace. I think it is much better for ones mental state...

godisinthesilences wrote:All the buying buying buying... greed and wanting more is to fill up some unfulfilled spiritual core in each of us.

That's it on the nail - sometimes I feel that all we are put on this earth to do is to consume - it's so empty and pointless because it doesnt make us any happier....

godisinthesilences wrote: Being less aware of time and more aware of what is happening at the moment....

I've started trying to do this more - it definitely works - even the most mundane moment can take on some sort of depth and meaning...

and every bit of it makes perfect sense. But you know us humans don't always do what makes sense---too easy.

What works for me is going for a walk or running--I am currently in training for a half-marathon and just getting out by myself with the music in my ears and the ground below me opens my head and believe me, I have solved many a problem on one of my daily runs........
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 23, 2006 12:59 pm

kinki wrote:I've started trying to do this more - it definitely works - even the most mundane moment can take on some sort of depth and meaning...

Yes he has spoken at length about this .... I completely agree with finding the importance and quality in every moment...each moment has a purpose and intention. It is our job to be grateful and find the quality therein.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 23, 2006 2:39 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:each moment has a purpose and intention. It is our job to be grateful and find the quality therein.

Abso-flippin-lutely. Life is short as it is, without wasting precious minutes regretting what you didnt do or wondering what you might do tomorrow..

Live totally in the moment - even if it's just washing up or doing the hoovering.....you can find peace.

(....and as Kath disappears up her own backside..... :lol: )

-----

I tried running last year - and it worked for a while, but then I knackered my back and had to give it up....well done Anne for doing the half marathon....
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:54 am

If you're talking about why we're here and the frustrations in modern life, I qoute Bob Dylan;

"Build me a cabin in Utah,
Marry me a wife, catch rainbow trout,
Have a bunch of kids who call me pa,
That must be what it's all about,
That must be what it's all about."

That stanza I think says it all for me. Being 35 now, I wonder if that'll happen. Oh well....

S
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:39 pm

what you believe is what you manifest.... so if you truly want that quieter life then just believing in it ... it will be.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:27 pm

That's a very nice statement :-)

I love Tinkerbell too. Peter Pan is such a great tale :-)
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Open Season