Gosh, I am Such A Dork...

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Gosh, I am Such A Dork...

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:44 am

Ok, for ages I have debated this but, I am going to get my ear pierced again. I want something like a hoop. Like the ones that David used to wear all the time. Maybe not quite as large but, definetely just one in my left ear, and of a decent size.

My question is, do the places where you get your ears pierced usually have a selection laid out? Or do they give you a basic one, and then you go buy the ones that you want? And if so where might I find a pair that aren't girly looking? I am a guy, and completely oblivious to these things.

When my hair gets longer I am thinking about going for the Sylvian esque doo, as well. The short on the sides but, long in the back thing but, totally NOT a mullet. I wouldn't know how to go about this either without totally f***ing it up though... :?
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:50 am

usually with earrings you have to have a starter stud put in. They don't like putting in hoops first as it can cause the ear to close around it cause you can't spin it like you can with a stud... and it also makes a curved hole instead of a straight one. Basic studs don't have to be girly looking. Usually the people at the place can help you select something that isn't girly. You know looking for a tattoo place that does piercings may not be such a bad idea ... they will have more guy oriented things.

Oh and by the way the mullet is coming back so don't worry. find a pic of what you want and take it to the salon where you get your hair cut... they can copy the picture as closely as possible with your hair type and face shape.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Sorry..off topic. I was just drooling at your avatar, Rhodesia! It is AWESOME.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:41 pm

Yeah it is great!

Check out this other cool one my friend made me BTW...it's The Dickies 'Killer Klowns'.

http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season