DVD Burner

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

DVD Burner

Postby Cheery Cherry on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:15 pm

I am starting to get a quite a collection of Japan/Sylvian (and some other unrelated stuff) videos on my hard drive and I would like them all on DVDs but I don't have a DVD burner. I purchased my computer, Dell Dimension E510, Windows XP (Professional) Media Edition SP 2, last year. I thought it came with a DVD burner but it only has a CD burner. I have been looking around for a DVD burner. There are so many out there, I do not know what kind to purchase. Would it be cheaper to ask Dell to install one on my computer? Can something like that be done??? Or would I have to purchase something external? There isn't a burner that you can just install from a CD???? Right??? Is there a website that'll burn a DVD for me? I apologize for sounding ignorant but I'd like to transfer my videos as soon as possible and I don't want to waste money and time buying something that's not compatible with my computer or something that's not user friendly. Also, I need to know if I'll need a Windows XP installation CD, which I do not have in order to hook up a DVD burner. If so, where can I get one?
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season