New York, New York

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

New York, New York

Postby Bern on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:42 am

I am planning a trip with my wife to New York in June and I am hoping some of the US based fans could suggest the best area to look for a hotel or even suggest one, and any other tips would be gratefully received
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:05 pm

Ahh, I LOVED New York.

The hotel we stayed in was called The Skyline Inn, I think. Could've been better but it's NYC, and if you want anything really nice, it's going to cost you a pretty penny. But I really liked the location. I believe it was at 10th Avenue and 50th Street, so it was a short walk (maybe three or so short blocks) from there to Times Square.

I can't think of too much at the moment, but I highly suggest taking a bus tour of the city. You can sit on the top level of the bus and see everything, I thought it was amazing. Good thing you'll be there in summer, though. It was freezing when we went on the tour, 20-25F or so (well, I think that's dreadfully cold, but I am from Florida and all), and that plus being on top of a moving bus is so not fun...

And there's loads of other things I can't think of right now, but I'll come back to this post when I do.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season