New Album Jan Bang

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

New Album Jan Bang

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:20 am

The new album from Jan Bang is called Narrative From The Subtropics. Sounds interesting!
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: New Album Jan Bang

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 am

Quiet Visitor wrote:The new album from Jan Bang is called Narrative From The Subtropics. Sounds interesting!

Just noticed this was also mentioned in this thread from silentwings, together with Arve Henriksen's new album, Places Of Worship.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Just bought this new Jan Bang-album and was surprised that the cover mentions ©2014. Well, anyway, when I listened to it the first time I almost thought David started talking in French in one of the first tracks :D
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:54 pm

This review says a contribution from David Sylvian, but the personnel listed does not contain his name. Anybody know for sure?

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/narrative-f ... 87484Hli1w
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 am

missouriman wrote:This review says a contribution from David Sylvian, but the personnel listed does not contain his name. Anybody know for sure?

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/narrative-f ... 87484Hli1w

Maybe the reviewer read the liner-notes a bit too free: "(...) With gratitude to all the musicians involved. Special thanks to: David Sylvian, Arve Henriksen, (...)" The only David involved is guitarist David Soler.

By the way, I thought Nils Chr. Moe-Repstad was the one who sounded a bit like David. While searching for him, I found this nice clip, which contains contributions from both and others: Erik Honoré Electronic CV, maybe posted before.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Although I haven't found a confirmation on the internet yet, I heard that Jan Bang will be touring next year with the famous duo Sly & Robbie who will co-orporate with Nils Petter Molvær. Also in the band will be Eivind Aarset. I got this information from a Dutch concert-booker. To be continued...(?)
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:By the way, I thought Nils Chr. Moe-Repstad was the one who sounded a bit like David. While searching for him, I found this nice clip, which contains contributions from both and others: Erik Honoré Electronic CV, maybe posted before.

Here's a review of Erik Honoré's first solo-album "Heliographs" in which David is mentioned.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:10 am

Quiet Visitor wrote:
Quiet Visitor wrote:By the way, I thought Nils Chr. Moe-Repstad was the one who sounded a bit like David. While searching for him, I found this nice clip, which contains contributions from both and others: Erik Honoré Electronic CV, maybe posted before.

Here's a review of Erik Honoré's first solo-album "Heliographs" in which David is mentioned.

Bought the Heliographs-CD yesterday. Beautiful stuff! It's more or less in the same vein as the latest recordings from Jan Bang and Eivind Aarset.
http://hubromusic.com/
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season