Starsailor

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Starsailor

Postby digimarsh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:21 am

I have spent quite a lot of time recently listening to the band 'Starsailor' , they hail from Lancashire England and are fronted by the talented James Walsh. Between 2001 and 2009 they released four excellent Albums but are currently on a heitus.
I think their music will have some appeal to users of this forum both in terms of lyrical content and sounscapes , the debut album 'Love is Here is very melancholy and the title track is sublime . Musically they evolved slightly and all of the albums of certain merits.
I advise the uninitiated to maybe have a listen.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Starsailor

Postby pinenut on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi,
StarSailor are not really on a hiatus. They have split up because James Walsh wanted to go solo although that has not really worked out that well. How do I know? a good friend has been pals and next door neighbours to one of Starsailor for last 10 years in Northwest UK.. She used to go to see lots of shows and festivals and even visited them in Windsor UK when they were recording their last album.

Starsailor supported Bon Jovi at The Manchester Evening News Arena earlier this year. They were billed as Starsailor but it was James Walsh and a backing band, The other members did not even know this was happening. I knew someone at the gig who text me to say Starsailor must have reformed. Msg sent to my friend who went next door and the starsailor member knew nothing about it.

not sure they are something Sylvian fans would get into. I like some of their stuff but they are not stayers.

Much prefer Sweet Billy Pilgrim for Sylvian fans
pinenut
Regular
Regular

Return to Open Season