david bowie

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Re: david bowie

Postby billster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 am

Pedantic Cnut.
billster
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby depeon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 am

Billster, i totally get your point and fully agree with you. There is a lot of his current work which i enjoy in small doses but sometimes i just long for a tune. We are now getting a third interpretation of Blemish and for me what made Blemish good in the first place was it spontaneity, that it was so "now". David talks so much of not revisiting the past (musically) and yet that is all he seems to do these days, and if that is the route he wants to take, well fair enough but why not go the full hog and give us a new interpretation of say GTP or SOTB? As for his poetry reading, i just don't like his voice, Tom Waits can do it much better (my opinion). But back to Bowie, to me his new single has brought into focus how much i have missed David doing a good tune. But here, it's a new year, who know what it holds.
depeon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am

billster wrote:Pedantic Cnut.

Grow up eh?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby billster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 am

Hi Simon.

This is Billster's mom.

I'm afraid that such was the ferocity of your killer comeback line - 'grow up' - that it caused Billster to have a stroke roughly 10 minutes after reading it.

As I type he's now being admitted to A&E and I'll keep you informed of his progress.

but really, with a wit like that- you're like Oscar Wilde distilled in meth ovah heah!- you really should look into getting a license to kill if you're going to bandy about such cutting, incisive, - not to mention original - remarks.

We'll keep you informed of his progress.

best

Mrs Billster.
billster
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 am

Get well soon, Billster. :lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am

Well I don't know what your problem is but a) I don't like being described as someone with special needs or b) a pedantic c*nt. I'll leave it at that okay. I'm not going to fuel your trolling.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby billster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 am

This is Doug. Billster's brother.

Look Simon, we're all pretty riled here up at the ranch right now...but..you've done it again.

My bro didn't call you a C*unt he called you a Cnut.

Can't you read proper like?

Maybe if you could you'd have got Billster's original point and not spazzed all over it.

Now, the doctor is calling us in...So you just quiet down like a Good girl, y'hear?

You done caused enough trouble ovah heah with your grade 1 skim reading special needs ass...

Doug.

hey! I said ZIP it Girly!
billster
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby swordofdestiny on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 am

Billster is a real charmer isn't he? :smt007

I can't help but wonder when I read sh*te from so called fans. Try this one. "I am fan and have been since 1979, but I have hated everything he has done since 1986". :lol:

Here's some advice. You are free to NOT post nonsense here. :roll:
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm

swordofdestiny wrote:Billster is a real charmer isn't he? :smt007

Isn't he just. Managed to call me a c*nt, spaz and someone with special needs all in one thread.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby billster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

This is Billster- the slight return.

Im pretty sick right now, my right side is almost completely paralyzed and my Sister, Beth is helping me with this.

I know this stuff is tedious for those not involved but Mr Simon - at what point have I called you a c*unt, or a spazz?

You really should learn how to read if you're going to take part in forum's like these.

The most offensive thing on such forums -IMHO -is base stupidity, true dumbness, just general lack of smarts.

To this end , I ask the administrators to ban This 'Simon', so those of us with at least 5% Brain function can continue our articulate, informed debate- as evidenced in this thread before dum dum got involved....
billster
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby kitaj on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 am

inkinthewell wrote:Get well soon, Billster. :lol:

do get well soon, and make sure to take precautions against forumitis in the future, for a nasty flu it is. :?
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Hey folks,

I know this thread is old (and getting ridiculous)… But I want to remind everyone: let's keep JapanSylvian civil. Some of the above posts are borderline breaking rules #1 (no flaming) and #3 (no cussing). I also want to remind everyone there are younger folks that read the posts here.

For now, let's agree to disagree! Different strokes for different folks, and all that…

Thanks….

-Silver Moon
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby SomeAre on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi,
Am I the only one finding the new Bowie album utterly bad ?
I listened to a copy streaming on Itunes.

P.
SomeAre
Noob
Noob

Postby depeon on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

I have to agree, very disappointed, i was really looking forward to it after the "where are we now" single.
depeon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby baht habit on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Indeed - I streamed it and was greatly disappointed. I was going to purchase it as soon as I read that Torn was on it, but I am glad I held off from pre-ordering it before giving it a listen.

I didn't enjoy his last three albums at all...'Earthling' was the last one I found interesting. It seems as though he regressed more and more since delving into the retro sound of Hours. And unlike great releases like Young Americans and Scary Monsters, Let's Dance or even Tonight(which I still like a helluvalot), these overall albums lack a singular focus - he is a bit all over the place, grabbing this and that from styles of his past.

But I did like Heat and the bonus track Plans. If he followed that direction, I'd probably dig it.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Open Season