Career Options?

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Career Options?

Postby Barbierigirl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:08 am

I am quite close to finally leaving the insufferable nightmare they call "high school" but I am more than a little concerned about what path to take job wise. I am not interested in much and the only profession which I have seriously considered is photography but the only things I truly love are music and travel. I wanted to be a travel photographer until I was put off a little. I hope I am not coming across as a whiner! Have any of you ever entered the fields of professional photography or even studied it? any info will be greatly appreciated. :-)
People change and forget to tell each other - Lillian Hellman
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Career Options?

Postby Simonp on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:35 am

Don't know much about the photography profession myself I'm afraid. Have you thought about going onto to do a further education course in photography? I would imagine it's an extremely difficult market to get into. Everyone and anyone can be a photographer these days with digital equipment and you have to have something unique to break the market. I'm not trying to put you off. Just think you should consider which area of photography you would like to consider working in and research the market to find out if there is room for another photographer. Best of luck whatever you decide to do!!!
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierigirl on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:15 am

Thanks...
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Barbierigirl on Sat May 05, 2012 10:03 am

Decided to stay on for 6th year to get more qualifications, still very unsure about what path to take. My best friend Dana is panicking because she isnt' too sure on what to do either however, she was planning on teaching english in Japan and asked me to move out there with her after she has finished her university course and I have finished my photography course that I was planning on doing. I feel like time is running out and my life will be wasted!
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Sat May 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Barbierigirl wrote:I feel like time is running out and my life will be wasted!

Hey hey! Don't rush things: you'll have plenty of time to say you've wasted your life when you're like 80ish. For now, just savour every breath you take. :wink:
Anyway, I wish you all the best, and that you find your path.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierigirl on Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks. I hope I find my path too!
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Barbierigirl on Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 am

Well I'm half way through my 5th year exams and I must say that any hope of passing my maths one is doubtful. I spent half an hour writing out the lyrics to Buoy, Sons of Pioneers, Gentlemen Take Polaroids and Visions of China! I've always hated maths anyway :lol: I'm hopefully going to be doing four highers next term and Ive already got one higher from this year so maybe my parents hopes of me going on to university will happen. Still haven't got a clue on what course to do though! My ideal occupation would obviously be one to do with music but I suppose I will be settling for an ordinary job. Thanks for the comments. :)
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Open Season