Duran Duran in Chicago

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Duran Duran in Chicago

Postby krausy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:01 pm

They opened the new Sears Centre in Hoffmann Estates on Thursday night with a great show!!! Everyone looked and sounded great and Simon was in a particularly cheeky mood as the next day was his birthday. someone made him a tshirt that said, "F**k me, It's my birthday"

I got to hang out with my fellow Nick fans from the DDM site and discovered the gals that I have been talking to for almost two years now are some extraordinary people---we truly have a sisterhood going on!!! (That includes you too Gods, as you were over there for a while :wink: )

Some of them were curious as I have a "Japan" sig over at that forum and a few people were asking me about it and the band. Luckily I had my Ipod with me so i gave them a taste............and they liked it!!!! We visited the hotel office center a few times and I showed some of the gals this site as well!! 8)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Awesome :)!!!, Glad to hear u had an amazing time :)
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:04 am

Good times! :D So what kind of set did they play?? I've been listening to Pop Trash a bit this weekend. Still digging that album!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:09 pm

YEAH so glad you had an awesome time.
Thanks for calling me!!!! I think Dom did a good job on Union of the Snake. Sadly your second call was all garbled so i couldn't tell what i was listening to.
They certainly played a long show... i mean you called me last time incredibly late ... I was amazed!

Now, you must call me and give me all the poop on how nick looked and what he was wearing and all that!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:20 pm

Krausy, that's so exciting that you got to see Duran and in Chicago, no less! They are playing Greenville on the 9th, but there is no possible way I can make that...it would be fun to see them again I must say. I saw them numerous times between '81-'84 but not at all since then....I hope this doesn't sound awful but it kind of lost something for my friends and me when they became mammoth and we had to see them in huge arenas instead of tiny clubs...I know that's selfish, though, and I am very happy for them for all of the success they have had over the years, they certainly deserve it. :)

Anyway, it sounds like a great show and a wonderful time!

Nice to hear there are other Nick fans here as well! :-)
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am

Oh yeah, Gods and I are big fans of Nick, and I have a whole group of friends over at the DDM website ----we refer to ourselves as "Rhodivas" in honor of Nick!!! The term was actually coined by someone at another website, but they were gracious enough to let us bring it over to DDM as well.....

The show was amazing----they played all their older material, plus some off the latest album, but really no new material as of yet. They even played a portion of "Some Like it Hot" that went into "Take you Higher". other songs included:

Notorious
Come Undone
Ordinary World
The Chauffeur
A View to a Kill
Is There Something I should Know
The Reflex
Girls On Film
Rio
Save a Prayer
Union of the Snake
Serious
Wild Boys
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:46 am

man they played Serious? I always loved that song and thought it was completely underrated.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:43 am

krausy wrote:Oh yeah, Gods and I are big fans of Nick, and I have a whole group of friends over at the DDM website ----we refer to ourselves as "Rhodivas" in honor of Nick!!! The term was actually coined by someone at another website, but they were gracious enough to let us bring it over to DDM as well.....

The show was amazing----they played all their older material, plus some off the latest album, but really no new material as of yet. They even played a portion of "Some Like it Hot" that went into "Take you Higher". other songs included:

Notorious
Come Undone
Ordinary World
The Chauffeur
A View to a Kill
Is There Something I should Know
The Reflex
Girls On Film
Rio
Save a Prayer
Union of the Snake
Serious
Wild Boys

"Rhodivas": LOL!! I love that! Nick is and has always been so fabulous...just such a great person as well as gorgeous.

Thanks for including the song list! That does sound like an excellent show....I really need to see them again one of these days. (Too bad I didn't manage to do so while Andy was still around, but oh well!)
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:43 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:man they played Serious? I always loved that song and thought it was completely underrated.

Geez, I haven't listened to Serious in AGES. *runs to listen to Liberty*

I like "Rhodivas," ha ha. Sounds like it was a spectacular show. I'm kicking myself because I totally missed my chance to see the original five together. I sort of blame DD... they NEVER come closer to me than NOLA, and that's still four hours away. Pensacola's a decent-sized city, I think our metro area's something like 450000. I think the problem is that everyone here is into country... Larry the Cable Guy has been here twice in the past year... *shudder*
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:34 pm

*shudders at the thought of being stuck in an arena with some rednecks* LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season