A man named Ernesto.................................

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:08 am

lastgoldstar wrote:I know! There are a few people I know who can sleep through hurricanes during the night... I sure can't. Ivan was the worst; I was lying on my back, eyes opened wide, listening to the trees in our yard being uprooted and hoping they wouldn't hit the house. :roll:

It has to be horrible. If I get nervous when we have some normal summer storm here and I hear the wind hitting in the windows , I can't imagine how a hurricane can be :(

Hope everything will be ok. :wink:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:09 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:
lastgoldstar wrote:I know! There are a few people I know who can sleep through hurricanes during the night... I sure can't. Ivan was the worst; I was lying on my back, eyes opened wide, listening to the trees in our yard being uprooted and hoping they wouldn't hit the house. :roll:

It has to be horrible. If I get nervous when we have some normal summer storm here and I hear the wind hitting in the windows , I can't imagine how a hurricane can be :(

Hope everything will be ok. :wink:

Imagine.....if you will.........a constant strong wind on your windows and doors and whipping around your house, the sound of hard rain, and things rattling and bumping outside, while you are lying in your house, electricity went out hours before, trying to sleep. THAT is what I went through last year with Ophelia. Where I was staying at the time was essentially a long island,only ways off are bridges, and when I called the local police, they informed me that the causeway to the bridge was completely flooded and there was NO way off the island.
That is why I say I need therapy :cry:

I totally sympathize with all the other "hurricane" states, dealing with all this. It can make you go insane!!!!

Even if they don't call an evacuation, if you can't stand the scary sounds etc. you are better off getting out of town; just make sure where you are going is not going to be worse off if the storm goes further inland than predicted. That happened to lots of people with Floyd a few years ago.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Open Season