A man named Ernesto.................................

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

A man named Ernesto.................................

Postby krausy on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi gang---

Just a quick note to let everyone know I am okay so far..Ernesto is headed our way but supposed to bring the most rain to just west of where I am. We are used to this kind of thing around here(Coastal Carolina) so we are well prepared. But just in case the power goes out, etc didn't want you to worry.......................I will contact Gods if something goes way wrong.

Most likely I will be online again tonight after work, unless there is lightning.

Seeya!!!! :wink:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:33 pm

Stay safe, krausy.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:09 pm

I wish you the best of luck, Krausy!

And if things do get hairy... Just hunker down, grab a flashlight... and... And... Pop in "swing"

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby arieleleven on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:43 pm

Yes, be safe, Krausy!
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:23 pm

Be safe and know that I feel your pain.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:26 pm

Please keep safe and make sure you keep us posted!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:28 pm

Thanks Gang!!!

Just got home from work a little while ago, still have all power here and no flooding yet, but the road does get loaded with water with the heavier rain. Decided I will get up every couple hours or so and check outside just in case........................

Pretty calm still.................some wind and fair amount of rain. Already had some tornadoes in the area.

Yes, Kera, I agree that "Swing" would be my choice if things get funky here. His voice is about the only thing that will calm me down...............

With all the rain in this storm, I am certainly glad it skipped on New Orleans---definitley NOT what ya'll need.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:26 am

Keep yourself safe!! Hope everything end up soon!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:01 am

Okay, Tropical storms that move in at night are not fun!!!! This crap keeps happening to me; just like last year with Ophelia, lying there trying to sleep and you can't because the wind sounds horrid (even though it is only blowing about 70mph it stills sounds awful)JUST because it is dark outside. I had nightmares all night.............

.................I think I am going to need therapy!!!!! :evil:

Can anyone here prescribe me some electro-shock or primal scream? :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:03 am

Oh, Krausy I hope you stay safe!!

Just keep your eyes glued to the weather channel and make sure to by lots and LOTS of ramen noodles packs...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:16 am

Oh, it's all fine now, but it wasn't in the wee hours of this morning. Heck, now I am about ready to go running---it is cloudy and breezy still.

I'm just saying the ones that move in at night are scary, alot of people agree with me on that one. The ones that move onshore during the daylight are much easier to take.

I just had a real bad experience last year with a storm and I was getting flashbacks. I am just going to have to deal with it in my own way, especially if I am going to stick around here for a few more years.......... Of course anywhere you live has some type of freaky weather going on...you really can't escape from weather entirely.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:40 pm

I'm glad you are ok.... we are starting to get the effects of it here. People are real nervous about us getting more flooding here. The river is pretty high and hopefully we they won't breech the banks.....

I have to say though even though it was poopy rainy here today it was so cool it felt great to not be sweating.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:20 pm

Hope everything is ok , krausy. And I hope you won't get more than a refreshing rain Gods!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:14 am

Glad nothing extreme happened! That stupid storm was predicted to hit us (Pensacola) and everyone was panicking. Everything is finally back to normal here... for the most part (though there are still people in FEMA trailers, unfortunately).

I did read some report where the National Hurricane Center lowered the predicted number of hurricanes to five. Getting better! Five hurricanes is not good, but at least it's an improvement. I'm hoping they all end up like Debby and just go and dissipate in the mid-Atlantic.

krausy wrote:I'm just saying the ones that move in at night are scary, alot of people agree with me on that one. The ones that move onshore during the daylight are much easier to take.

I know! There are a few people I know who can sleep through hurricanes during the night... I sure can't. Ivan was the worst; I was lying on my back, eyes opened wide, listening to the trees in our yard being uprooted and hoping they wouldn't hit the house. :roll:

And good luck with the rain, Gods.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:42 am

well looks like we lucked out. We had a drizzle most of yesterday... it was cold and windy. Actually the colder weather was great. I love cooler temps.
Thankfully we didn't get the rain they predicted. PHEW! There are still people here without homes... water or electricity. This is not the norm for us here... FEMA has helped but not to the extent people expected. I think people are very confused about exactly what happens with funding during natural disasters. I think it would be good if the government would explain this information to areas in disaster zones BEFORE the event occurs. This way people would insure themselves better or move or be more prepared by how things are stored in their homes. Or how their homes are built.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Open Season