Love's (bass) Glove!

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Love's (bass) Glove!

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:45 am

I'm going to be posting this same thing on MickKarn.net... I have been meaning to post this for a while... I have found a good way for people with sweaty hands to play bass! For the longest time I have had really sweaty hands for some reason. I have tried everything, Gold Bond powder, washing with dish detergant, putting false-nail glue on my hands (It worked but was painful), and everything else! Nothing ever worked and my hands would still stick to the back of the neck and my fingers to the strings which made it extremely difficult to play... But one day I had a revelation... I took an old knit glove and cut off all of the fingers (ECXEPT the thumb) before the first knuckle. I then cut a circle out of the back. Where I cut, I put superglue to keep it from unravelling. So far, it has been working great!! The only thing I have to take care of now is my finger tips, but hopefully they will become harder and dryer as I keep playing...

... Now, after creating this thing... My dad found it and THREW IT AWAY!! He claims he didn't but he doesn't remember where he put it... I have turned my house upside down searching for it! I'll just have to get another glove...

... But hopefully this can help out people who want to play but have really sweaty hands!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Love's (bass) Glove!

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:36 am

Silver Moon wrote:putting false-nail glue on my hands (It worked but was painful)

Ow! :shock: And then after all this he throws it away? Oh, I'd be steaming.

I don't play... but maybe one day, who knows? :D My next endeavour is actually the saxaphone, though... so that's Karn-esque!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:59 am

Hey Lastgold-

I played sax 5th, 8th, and 9th grade... I never ever got any good though, but it is a lot of fun if you can get the hang of it!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:49 am

Kera, a friend of mine that plays KILLER bass in a NC based blues group wears gloves all the time!!!!!!! His name is Puncho and he is in a band called Who Are We previously founded a band called Big Bertha. He wears the white gloves that the military and/or colorguard normally wear because they are form fitting to your hand. You may want to grab some of those---any army surplus stores around you, or a vintage clothing store?

I will post a pic of Puncho in my album here so you can see him. Next to Mick, I love Puncho, just don't tell Puncho he is in second place---lol
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:17 pm

Thanks!

I will have to stop by an army store around here... I should really need those gloves!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Hey Lastgold-

I played sax 5th, 8th, and 9th grade... I never ever got any good though, but it is a lot of fun if you can get the hang of it!!

-K-

Neat! :D I've been playing clarinet since age eleven so I figure the sax should be easy.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season