Family Fact

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Family Fact

Postby Tanya80 on Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:34 pm

while talking to my cousin on the phone ( in which i haven't heard from since our grandfather's passing early this year ) discuss a family fact....the fact that i'm the only single family member in our age group in girls.....u c, kids that were born in the 70's & 80's are known as the 80's generation in our family 8-), since we were all so close during the decade :) , but anyhoo, my cousin thinks that i'll be the 1st one getting married between her & her sister , Dora ( my sis ) & myself.....but i have the strange feeling that i'll start being in a relationship when i hit 27 or 28 :-/ .......
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:07 pm

Well I can tell you Tanya, it will happen when the time is right, and it could be when you are 27 or 28, or tomorrow----you never know. Family likes to predict and speculate from time to time, because it is fun, but it is what it is, and they cannot live your life for you.

I find that people in general always like to put you in the "next step"---like, if you are in high school, or college as it is in the UK, they tell you that you will have a boyfriend soon, then when you do have one, they ask you when you are getting married, then when that happens, they are asking if you are going to have children.................and on and on. I'm surprised that people do not walk around asking married folks with kids, "when are you dying?" :lol: Silly huh? The whole lot of it is if you ask me. Let someone live their life and discover what a great person they are, just as they are. Some people really aspire for the spouse and kids, which is cool, but it is not a requirement for life and being a interesting person.

okay, I will stop the tangent now.......................heehheeeee!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:12 pm

Ahhh family... Can't live with'em...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:34 am

krausy wrote: Let someone live their life and discover what a great person they are, just as they are.

<proggrl runs to the mountain tops and shouts that quote on high!>

AMEN AMEN and AMEN to that!!!!

thank you.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:33 am

Silver Moon wrote:Ahhh family... Can't live with'em...
-K-

Can't kill em and get away with it!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:58 am

I agree with you Krausy. I can't understand that 'mania' that everybody has. It's like you're nothing or your life won't be complete while you don't get married and have kids.

There are a lot of ways to fill up oneself as a person. If it happens that you find a wonderful person to share your life with , then it's cool!! But it's not the only way to find happiness.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season