sorry i haven't been around....

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

sorry i haven't been around....

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:17 pm

The eye infection i had a few weeks back became more severe. Now it is an inner eye infection which is making it very difficult for me to see properly. Plus, when i'm on the computer for very long I get this terrible stabbing pain in the effected eye.
I'll be taking a break from much computer use until this resolves itself.

Here is a tip for all of you who don't listen to your mom's.... I told my mom i was having terrible floaters.... she felt something was really wrong and made a eye dr. appt. without my permission. I went, b*tching and moaning all the way, but it is a very good thing i went. The eye infection I have is the number 1 cause of blindness among working people if left untreated!
SO... the lesson here.... listen to your mom's they are sometimes right!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Ow. :cry: Hope you feel better! Rest that eye of yours. :-)

Yeah, aren't floaters supposedly harmless most of the time? I know in some cases that they indicate otherwise, though.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:29 pm

surface floaters are normal... these were floaters inside the eye... apparently i have pigment weirdness... its part of the infection...
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:52 pm

GODS! If it' isn't Sheisnot's rash, and Kinki's bo... It's your eye!! I hope you get well soon!!

-K-

PS- What are floaters?
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:08 pm

I'm glad you listened to your Mum...........................

I was worried about you and said nothing..............I should trust my instincts more................glad you got some attention for that though.

Would an eyepatch work? You would look wicked-cool with one on, you could pretend you are a pirate wench---lol!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:13 am

krausy wrote:Would an eyepatch work? You would look wicked-cool with one on, you could pretend you are a pirate wench---lol!!!!

I actually have an eyepatch... I got it for my birthday. :-D You can borrow it, Gods.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:26 am

ha ha.... seeing as my right eye is my good eye and i need it to see to function without looking like i'm completely hammered I'll pass on the eye patch.... but thanks for the offers :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:30 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:ha ha.... seeing as my right eye is my good eye and i need it to see to function without looking like i'm completely hammered I'll pass on the eye patch.... but thanks for the offers :-)

Oh heck, in that case, you will look even better as the pirate wench---one eyed and drunk---lol!!!! Kinda like a cat home from battle--- :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:53 am

ha ha... now if someone could draw that i'd laugh my butt off.... and i really could use a good laugh! A drunk cat with an eye patch!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:25 am

Oh Gods!!! Hope you feel better soon!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jenny taylia on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:07 am

I haven't logged on for a while and have just found your message. Hope you are making a full recovery from your eye problem Godin...

I'm going to Cornwall next week for a well earned rest in our family holiday home. I can't wait as it's so nice down there.

David x
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:57 am

Hey Jenny/David-

I know that some of my Dad's side of the fam. Is from Cornwall - Have no clue where in Cornwall, though!!

Hope you have a GREA-T time,

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:20 am

thanks guys... the eye is STILL on the mend. Ugh... I'm so sick of wearing my glasses it ain't even funny!!!!!

Missed you Jenny... hope you have a fun fun time in Cornwall.... so jealous here :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Don't be discouraged Gods-----those dang infections, even the minor ones, can take a while before your eyes feel back to normal...just be patient, I know that is hard, but you will wake up one day and it will be gone!!!!

I made an appointment to see my optometrist next week----it has been two years or more since I saw him. I have a feeling a lecture is in my future, as he has very state-of-the-art equipment and you can't fool him. I abuse my eyes with contact lenses and it would not surprise me if he lets me have it!!!!!

Oh well, I AM liking my glasses lately---my eyes are not so fatigued as before, especially spending lots of time on the computer both at home and work. But I MUST have my contacts!!!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:37 pm

Damned infections. Feel better, Gods. :) I'd send David your way but I am currently not in possession of him... now, whose turn was it to keep him this week? :twisted:

krausy wrote:But I MUST have my contacts!!!!!!!

True that! I hate driving in glasses! There's no peripheral vision and when there's a certain spot not covered, it's all a big blur. :lol: Though my contact perscription is three years old and I can't see too well out of those, either... I don't know if anyone else's insurance is like mine, but mine covers a glasses exam and the glasses themselves, but covers nothing when it comes to contacts.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Open Season