My first day at school as a New Romantic...

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

My first day at school as a New Romantic...

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:11 pm

Ok, so I actually did it... Today I dressed up like I was from 1982 (Suede black jacket, black linen shirt, white skinny tie, peg leg pants, sylvian hair, big sunglasses, and China flats with white socks. I drive a different car this year so I sort of showed up "incgonito"... if ya know what I mean. As soon as I got out of the car, I took a deep breath and whispered "Well, here goes nothin'..." As I walked through the parking lot, guys stuck their heads out the windows and stared. Chicks all turned their heads... But I didn't get egged so I though so far so good. As I walked into school I kept my head up high. I walked past a guy and heard him say "Who the heck is that? Well I know she didn't go here last year..." I heard someone else say "Hey, look it's Duran Duran" and a lot of girls burst out laughing. I also walked by my ex's cousin and her friends were all whispering "Who is that person?!?" She said "Oh my god that's my cousins ex... I hate her." I just smiled. So... A lot of people think I'm out of my mind but a lot of people, suprisingly, liked it!!! I tell ya, I was having such a good day but then I drove home the whole way with the emergancy parking brake on... I just thought I'd share about my New Wave day...

-K-
Last edited by Silver Moon on Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:37 pm

That's really cool girl!! I'd tell you to ignore that silly people who doesn't know what the word 'different' means , but I'm sure you've already done it. So enjoy yourself and f*ck them all!!!! :P
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Savoy on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38 pm

I love it! If you're going to do it, that's the way you do it. It takes serious balls to walk out in a head-to-toe statement about your musical tastes, haha. Keep doing your thing and I'll bet even the girls who gave you the fish-eye will warm up to the exoticism.
"I will not move my army without onions."
Ulysses S. Grant
Savoy
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:48 pm

OH GIRL YOU ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!!!! The only way to live is to be yourself!!! So go for it!!!!! INDIVIDUALITY ROCKS A**!!!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:08 pm

*jumping up and down and screaming*

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!! You are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have fabulous balls my dear, and don't worry, those people all making the comments will be telling you years from now that they wish they had balls too!!!!! Believe me, cause it happened to me---heck, they even said it back then!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:07 pm

awesome. keep it up. individuality is a thing that gets you remembered, but i promise you won't even remember those drones from school in a few years. nearly every time i go back to the town i grew up in, i get approached by someone from high school that i don't even remember, but they remember me because i was different--some of them even say they secretly admired me, that i had a lot of guts. funny that.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Lizzardqueen on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:37 am

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!

I always say EXPRESS YOURSELF DON'T REPRESS YOURSELF!!!!

If I saw you at school......ssshhh i t.......I'd not stop grinning, I'd love it, you'd make my day. It's true what everyone has said, you'll be that special one that'll remain in the minds of everybody else.........that's the best way to be........you're a star, girl, FABULOUS!!!
He gave Jesus tattoos...........& took the devil's soul.........he got the angels drunk.........& gave them the gutter for a home...................
Lizzardqueen
Regular
Regular

Postby proggrl on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:35 am

I say KUDOS to you girl! That's awesome. We probably would have paired up nicely as friends in HS. I once went in wearing this black suit borrowed from my ex-bf at the time with a puffy white shirt - mind you this was back in my Simon LeBon hair days when I dyed the spikey part red! I got the comments and stares, but I felt like the coolest thing. It's almost like you have one up on everyone else cos you have clue and they have none. HA!

And I agree with everyone else - you have more balls than any other girl (or guy for that matter) I know. :smt109 Rock On, Kera!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lizzardqueen on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:28 pm

proggrl, I LOVE your sig!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, that is so d a m n good!!!!!! Ha! Ha! Beautiful!!!
He gave Jesus tattoos...........& took the devil's soul.........he got the angels drunk.........& gave them the gutter for a home...................
Lizzardqueen
Regular
Regular

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:15 am

If I saw you dressed like that, I think I would hug you. :-D I wish I had the courage to go full-out '80s, you are too cool.

Oh, and what kind of car do you drive now?
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:15 am

Lizzardqueen wrote:proggrl, I LOVE your sig!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, that is so d a m n good!!!!!! Ha! Ha! Beautiful!!!

hehehe thanks! Can't take credit though, it comes from despair.com. :) A very fun site for the cynical, btw!! Here's a new one I just found: Quality: The race for quality has no finish line - so technically, it's more like a death march.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:03 pm

Lastgoldstar- I used to drive a Red Plymouth Voyager, and then I was forced to drive a Saturn... This thing never went above 40 up hills (When the emergancy brake WASN'T on thank you very much!) And plus I smashed the bottom of it going over a bump at school... Sooo... After a few minuts of begging I got my red van back!!

Proggrl- I'm gonna have to check out that site!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:34 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Lastgoldstar- I used to drive a Red Plymouth Voyager, and then I was forced to drive a Saturn... This thing never went above 40 up hills (When the emergancy brake WASN'T on thank you very much!) And plus I smashed the bottom of it going over a bump at school... Sooo... After a few minuts of begging I got my red van back!!

I know about driving uphill, ha ha. My wimpy car goes from 0-60 in ten minutes.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lizzardqueen on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:19 pm

Proggrl, thank you! Great site! Just delicious! !!!
Lizzardqueen
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:32 am

Ok, so... Here I am sitting in school right now in my new class. Wearing the new Mick Karn inspired China Flats I bought yesterday! I don't know if I'm supposed to be on here now but I'll just stay untill I get the boot! ;-)

Everyone is pretty much used to the New New Romantic look by now, and if not... Oh well.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Next

Return to Open Season