What other music does everyone like?

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Re: reply

Postby sheisnot on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:34 pm

japanfan wrote:I am a massive Ocean Colour Scene fan. OCS are from Birmingham in England and are the best indie band in the world.

That reminds me of Ultra Vivid Scene. They were around about the same time as all the shoegazer bands in the early 90s. I remember having UVS and LUSH on heavy rotation for quite a while. Still listen to them every now and then.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: reply

Postby arieleleven on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:39 pm

sheisnot wrote:
That reminds me of Ultra Vivid Scene. They were around about the same time as all the shoegazer bands in the early 90s. I remember having UVS and LUSH on heavy rotation for quite a while. Still listen to them every now and then.

I never had any music by Ultra Vivid Scene, but I was pretty fond of Lush and I still listen to them too from time to time.
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:39 pm

Silver Moon wrote:I really hope some day you will be able to listen to those songs again without a horrible memory or feeling accompanying them!!

-K-

"Synchronicity" as a whole always makes me feel a little weird--it did even before the bad associations with "King of Pain". I dunno, I guess that was the first atmospheric, kinda disturbing music I was exposed to as a kid. I love the cd, I just can't listen to it all that often. I do allow myself to listen to "King of Pain" on rare occasions because I really do still like the song, but I know going into it that I will feel a little down when it's over.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to Open Season