if you listen closely

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:42 am

I AM SO GLAD YOUR BACK PA!!!!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:20 pm

Yes! The boards have been quite empty the past few days. How was your vacation, Poison??

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:01 pm

Great , thank you!!!!

I spent three days in Barcelona with my boyfriend. It's a really beautiful and cool city. We had a great time there and I hope to come back soon because three days isn't enough to see all the great things that the city has. And then I went to the Benicassim music festival with some friends. It was amazing. This was the fifth time I went to the festival and , honestly, this one has been one of the greatest. I could see many of my favourite bands live , like Placebo , Depeche Mode , Pixies , Morrissey , Franz Ferdinand , The Strokes , Echo & the Bunnymen , Rufus Wainwright , White Rose Movement , Madness , dEUS...ok, I stop...They're too much!! :lol: Really love it. I use to spend the whole year waiting for it and it never dissapoints me. I can't wait for the next year :wink:

http://www.fiberfib.com Here you have the link for the official site , if anyone is interested (it's an international festival ,so it's in different languages :P) It's a really cool festival.

I'll post some pics when I have time. I have to resize them first :P
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 pm

PA that show sounds amazing!!!! your very lucky to have attended!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jenny taylia on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:17 am

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:Great , thank you!!!!

I spent three days in Barcelona with my boyfriend. It's a really beautiful and cool city. We had a great time there and I hope to come back soon because three days isn't enough to see all the great things that the city has. And then I went to the Benicassim music festival with some friends. It was amazing. This was the fifth time I went to the festival and , honestly, this one has been one of the greatest. I could see many of my favourite bands live , like Placebo , Depeche Mode , Pixies , Morrissey , Franz Ferdinand , The Strokes , Echo & the Bunnymen , Rufus Wainwright , White Rose Movement , Madness , dEUS...ok, I stop...They're too much!! :lol: Really love it. I use to spend the whole year waiting for it and it never dissapoints me. I can't wait for the next year :wink:

http://www.fiberfib.com Here you have the link for the official site , if anyone is interested (it's an international festival ,so it's in different languages :P) It's a really cool festival.

Sounded like a great line-up for a festival. I've got tickets to see Muse in London in November. I'm really looking forward to seeing them for the first time as i've heard they are brilliant live.
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

Postby Lizzardqueen on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:58 am

jenny taylia wrote:
Poisoned_Apathy wrote:Great , thank you!!!!

Sounded like a great line-up for a festival. I've got tickets to see Muse in London in November. I'm really looking forward to seeing them for the first time as i've heard they are brilliant live.

I saw Muse many many many years ago & it's all true.....they're amazing live............they have an incredible energy that sends sparks shooting through the place & Matt smashed his guitar to pieces & through it at the crowd.........It's really sensational
He gave Jesus tattoos...........& took the devil's soul.........he got the angels drunk.........& gave them the gutter for a home...................
Lizzardqueen
Regular
Regular

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:46 am

I have seen Muse live 4 times and they're amazing. They are coming to Madrid next October so I'd better run for my ticket as soon as possible!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:27 am

We have been having intense thunderstorms for the past few weeks, but I suppose it makes up for the drought we had before. It's unusual for us to go without rain more than three days in a row. And with that stupid Chris storm heading right into the Gulf of Mexico, oh boy. *insert obscenities here*
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Yeah, i am hoping it does not strengthen too much---they are actually saying it may weaken to almost nothing---don't see how but we can always hope!!!!

My local news is also saying the Hurricane Center has reduced the number of storms expected for the season and now are also saying only three storms expected to be intense.

The way I see it is, NO Hurricane is a good hurricane!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:42 pm

Yeah, I read about the decrease in predictions in today's paper. And the chance of the Gulf coast getting hit went down from 38% to 26%, I think I danced when I read that.

I've been waving a fan at Chris so maybe that's why it's weaker. :lol:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:53 pm

That could be!!!! ;-)

We had a hellacious storm this afternoon on my way to work----I saw the wind pick up and started looking left and right for the funnel cloud (thankfully none) but then the lightning was soooo bad, was hitting trees and snapping limbs off. And the rain, omigosh, I sat in my car in the parking lot at work for 15 mins waiting for the rain to stop----over 2 inches in a matter of minutes. I wasn't so afraid of getting wet as being zapped when I stepped out!!!!! :shock:

Oh, and our power went out and all my computers died----so, I spent the first hour of work walking around twiddling my thumbs since my office was dark, getting hot and everything was dead, even the phones...........but I'm not complaining about the phones. Heck, they could have stayed off for all I care :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:22 pm

LOL now I know I am not the only one who searches for a funnel cloud when it storms!!

But I must know... For everyone on here who lives in England- Do you guys get tornados over there? I have just never heard about it.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:42 pm

I haven't heard about a tornado in Europe in my life , but we often have torrential rain that produces a lot of floods , above all in Center and East Europe. In Spain we have torrential rain usually in the Mediterranean coast. Ironicaly it is often caused by the terrible droughts we have during the summer.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Open Season