size

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

size

Postby neonico on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:39 pm

what is the average height weight from women and men in 2010

and what do you think the japan boys have thought this would be interesting as a topic..

please give information in stone and kilograms feet and inches..

i am 49 kg 7,7 stone i hope this is right and height 1,71... 5 ft 7....for example and bmi body mass index from 18- :-D :-D :-D

size 6 in american trousers and clothers

jeans size 28--

is this average i mean normal????
neonico

Re: size

Postby missouriman on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Definitely smaller than the average American. I read the average American male is 5'10 and 185 lbs. The women are 155 lbs and 5'4".
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Ha ha that's funny I was looking at this website only yesterday - http://www.tallerheels.com/compare-height-tall.html- it's where you compare your height to celebrities. Surprise surprise DS isn't on the list! Bowie is though... Don't know where they get their information from but it's fun all the same.

I am sure each generation people are getting taller... maybe its the food we're eating or the amount of invisible hormones stuffed into things these days... or so I hear... even some school kids are taller than me now.

I remember going on school trips to historic buildings where the doorways would be really tiny and my teacher would say that's because people used to be smaller... I used to think that was crazy but I can see the truth in it now. Vintage clothing and clothes from before the 20th century is always way smaller than the average now for both sexes.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby FlyingPig on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 am

On the United nations yearly report, it is mentioned that the American male averages only 1,75m same as in 1944, mostly due to the large latino immigration of the last few decades.
As for the celebrity heights mentioned in the website, it's probably mostly bullshit for men, as they need to keep a certain reputation, Russel Crowe also has varying heights like Tom Cruise.
Having met Bowie in 1997, I can assurely say that he's no more then 1,76m (5,8 1/2), as it is my height.
But who can blame celebrities for wanting to appear taller, it's their job to look great.

P.
FlyingPig
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 am

Well I'm 5'10"... Pretty tall. But I do know a girl who is 6'5" (abnormally tall) needless to say she is, and has always been on the basketball team. (She was 6 feet tall when she was 12!) Anyhoo... My weight? There's more of a snowballs chance in... You know where than a chance of me posting my weight! (Don't know if this is only in the US... But women are very offended if you ask them for their age, and may slap you if you ask for their weight... Especially if they are older.) But it's true... I saw my grandpa's old Navy uniform once and it was small! Infact, all of the I have seen were pretty little.

I used to think the Japan guys were all over 6 foot... I was shocked to hear how small they all were!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby FlyingPig on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 am

Silver Moon wrote: I saw my grandpa's old Navy uniform once and it was small! Infact, all of the I have seen were pretty little.
-K-

Not surprising, I read that the average height of the US GI in WW2 was 1,73m.

P.
FlyingPig
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby neonico on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Well I'm 5'10"... Pretty tall. But I do know a girl who is 6'5" (abnormally tall) needless to say she is, and has always been on the basketball team. (She was 6 feet tall when she was 12!) Anyhoo... My weight? There's more of a snowballs chance in... You know where than a chance of me posting my weight! (Don't know if this is only in the US... But women are very offended if you ask them for their age, and may slap you if you ask for their weight... Especially if they are older.) But it's true... I saw my grandpa's old Navy uniform once and it was small! Infact, all of the I have seen were pretty little.

I used to think the Japan guys were all over 6 foot... I was shocked to hear how small they all were!

-K-

wow thats pretty tall you would tower over me id love to be this height.... :smt006
neonico

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

FlyingPig wrote:Russel Crowe also has varying heights

Probably depends on the amount of booze he's gulped.

Hawk wrote:I remember going on school trips to historic buildings where the doorways would be really tiny and my teacher would say that's because people used to be smaller...

Well, what about Goliath and the whole breed of giants? Were they only 4'1"?! :lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:22 pm

inkinthewell wrote:
FlyingPig wrote:Russel Crowe also has varying heights

Probably depends on the amount of booze he's gulped.

Hawk wrote:I remember going on school trips to historic buildings where the doorways would be really tiny and my teacher would say that's because people used to be smaller...

Well, what about Goliath and the whole breed of giants? Were they only 4'1"?! :lol:

he he he... :-D :-D :-D snigger,,
neonico

Postby Hawk on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Well, what about Goliath and the whole breed of giants? Were they only 4'1"?!

Oh!! :shock: Maybe so!! :wink:
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Tin Bird on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm 6'2", 186 lbs.
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season