Brian Eno On Arena

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Brian Eno On Arena

Postby Foales Arishes on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Some may be interested in tonight’s [Fri 22nd Jan] 'Arena' on BBC4 [TV] which is an observational documentary on musician and producer - amongst other things - Brian Eno.

It starts at 9pm and is followed by a program reviewing some of his more popular work.

Link to BBC site listing further info and repeat times.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00q9xqk
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Brian Eno On Arena

Postby Foales Arishes on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:27 pm

This program is now available on the BBC iPlayer for those outside the UK, or without other means to view.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... een_World/

As is often the case with documentaries these days, it veered towards 'style over substance' with the filmmaker desperate to stamp they're own mark on the production... personally I would rather more talk and less unnecessary visual baggage.

I'm not a huge fan of Eno's solo work, I personally find him more interesting as a producer, though I do love 'On Land' and 'Thursday Afternoon' - he is undoubtedly an extremely interesting and intelligent person... his published diary 'A Year With Swollen Appendices' is a far better insight to the man, his thoughts and his work than this show.

Did anyone else see it?
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Brian Eno On Arena

Postby Rain on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 pm

I saw a bit of it, and it was really interesting, I don't know a lot about their work, other than the Roxy Music stuff so it was interesting to hear what kind of things inspired his work. I liked what he said about creating music to fit in with a place (or words to that effect). I enjoyed the other shows about his work too, I really should go and watch them all again on iPlayer.
Rain
Regular
Regular

Return to Open Season