A Flutter & Some Words

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Re: A Flutter & Some Words

Postby missouriman on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:24 pm

I agree with you Hawk. Glad we are holding a candle here for her.

I sat down only the other night and listened in full. It touched me. I think "Terrible Woman" will get covered by other artists eventually. I hear women with 'stronger' voices belting it for better or worse but meaning it. It is a very persuasive sound.

'The First Darshan' is great. A definite touch of Beat poetry and ethnic swirlz make a supreme sound. "No Goodbyes" is the song that touched me deeply. It is a definitely different record to her first release all those years ago with Prince. This is Her. And I like her a lot.
Last edited by missouriman on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:50 pm

:-)
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Hawk on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Isobel my new favourite is Isobel...

:smt020

Unexpectedly this album has come to mean a lot to me recently. It is always on my mind...chiefly the title track... My job is really grating me down and stressing me out right now... there are few albums, or singular tracks, that can bring me out of it all and remind me of the peaceful world I naturally inhabit... and it helps me go there again. It is wintry yet warm. Like a big scarf (I put my scarf in the tumble dryer by accident yesterday and it became a static mess...) :?

Still not loving Tightrope...... or Terrible Woman all that much... but the other tracks are sublime... Dreamland and No Goodbyes have joined the list of tracks I very rarely play in case of them losing their impact. I love them. I wish I could do some artwork for them but I feel I could never do it justice. The front cover of the CD is perfect. I would be wary of replicating it.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Bern on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

Sounds like you need a break Hawk why don't you get yourself away for Easter
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Hawk wrote:Isobel my new favourite is Isobel...

:smt020

Unexpectedly this album has come to mean a lot to me recently. It is always on my mind...chiefly the title track... My job is really grating me down and stressing me out right now... there are few albums, or singular tracks, that can bring me out of it all and remind me of the peaceful world I naturally inhabit... and it helps me go there again. It is wintry yet warm. Like a big scarf (I put my scarf in the tumble dryer by accident yesterday and it became a static mess...) :?

Still not loving Tightrope...... or Terrible Woman all that much... but the other tracks are sublime... Dreamland and No Goodbyes have joined the list of tracks I very rarely play in case of them losing their impact. I love them. I wish I could do some artwork for them but I feel I could never do it justice. The front cover of the CD is perfect. I would be wary of replicating it.

Take a long walk in the woods hawk or sit by a river and hear the rushing sound in your ears or just look at the wonderful buildings where you live ...make yourself a littel picnic

just do something for you and you will feel better.....
neonico

Postby Hawk on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Thank you those are some very nice ideas. It will be great having a couple of days off over easter. I was planning to do some painting and some sketching as I have some ideas brewing... but now you mention it I think a trip into the countryside may do me good...
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Hawk wrote:Thank you those are some very nice ideas. It will be great having a couple of days off over easter. I was planning to do some painting and some sketching as I have some ideas brewing... but now you mention it I think a trip into the countryside may do me good...

im not the great nature fan like david but when i do this i just feel good afterwards the fresh air ...the bareing nature..
and the innocence from animals and the perspective of something different i always have my power shot g3 in the hand
and sometimes comes wonderful pictures on canvas..
neonico

Postby Hawk on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Yes! Your camera is brilliant. I like both the city and the countryside. I love grey, industrial, smoky cities with lots of pipes and steam and cables... but I also love big shiny reflective cities with neon lights and rushing cars. I grew up in a market town, and then in the country, so I guess I feel more familiar with rolling fields and wild animals and woods and obvious season changes, but the majority of my adult life has been spent in cities and that's when I learnt to really appreciate the beauty of my surroundings... Now when I go to the countryside there are so many amazing things I wonder why I hadn't noticed them before. I like details a lot - and small things - like beads of gold sap running down trees and the patterns on moss. I guess it's a more soliary environment. In the city I like imagining what is behind windows. But sometimes it can feel like being one of many ants in a colony, and I don't like that. I prefer being a lone ant. But I generally haven't had much time for travelling and that is something I would like to do in the future as I have only ever seen English and Welsh environments. I would love to go to Japan but it is so expensive...

Back to the discussion, some parts of Returning to Seed are really difficult to sing... :roll:
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to Open Season