SecondaryCell - "Interconnected" - 6/12/09

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

SecondaryCell - "Interconnected" - 6/12/09

Postby John Trevethan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:07 pm

The third SecondaryCell album "Interconnected" will be released tomorrow, June 12th.

This album is a bit of a departure from the styles on my first two releases. Previously I made a conscious decision to avoid heading into minimal techno/trance territory, and I also had not experimented much with ambient textures.

With Interconnected I decided "anything goes" and the result is a 43 minute roller coaster ride of continuously flowing music. Although designed to be listened to as a whole piece the album is divided into seven minimal techno, beat-driven sections interspersed with another seven shorter ambient/drone compositions. The physical CD will contain the fourteen track markers so skipping around is possible. However, for maximum effect the listener should set aside 43 minutes of their time and take the trip by playing the disc in its entirety.

This release also follows a theme via the loose association of several extended samples of dialog. Basically, Interconnected is an observation on how science and technology have effected our modern culture.

All of the tracks on Interconnected are in the order that they came to me, and I realize it may be an antiquated concept to ask someone to devote almost 45 minutes of their time to listen to an album all in one go. Still, after much thought I have decided to make the release available as one unbroken piece of music... even in this age of fast cuts and instant gratification.

Interconnected will be appearing on iTunes within the next few weeks, as well as the usual outlets such as Amazon.com, CD Universe, Rhapsody, etc. If you decide to go for the digital download please set your player to gapless playback for the intended experience.

To listen to a preview track click here - it is a clip of the third and fourth sections of the release: "Seeing Through The Net" and "Enlightenment".

John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: SecondaryCell - "Interconnected" - 6/12/09

Postby John Trevethan on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:36 am

Available now at CD Baby as both a physical release and digital download.
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Open Season