Steven Wilson Record Signing in Bristol

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Steven Wilson Record Signing in Bristol

Postby Steerpike on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:12 am

I saw this press release today. Didn't Richard work on this one then?

Steven Wilson, Porcupine Trees frontman, meets fans at FOPP’s Bristol store
WHAT: signing session

WHERE: FOPP Bristol, College Green

WHEN: Thursday 12th March 2009, at 5.00 pm

Steven Wilson – Porcupine Trees frontman and Grammy Award nominated music producer – celebrates the release of his new solo album ‘Insurgentes’ with a signing session at FOPP’s College Green store in Bristol, on Thursday 12th March 2009.

Steven will be at the store from 5.00 pm, to meet fans and sign copies of the new CD/DVD which is officially released on Monday 9th March.

Acclaimed for his work with Porcupine Tree, Opeth and Anja Garbarek amongst others, ‘Insurgentes’ is his first solo album. Comprising 10 new tracks that range from ballads and anthems to all-out industrial noise assaults, the dark, cinematic and richly textured album represents two years’ worth of creative output and numerous recording sessions worldwide in studios from Mexico City to Japan and Israel.

Go to the ‘Insurgentes’ mini-site at www.insurgentes.org for info, audio clips, a free mp3 download, a new remix by Engineers plus an exclusive remix competition.

While Wilson is a member of several bands including Blackfield, No-Man and Bass Communion, he explains that “when I began writing these songs, I quickly realized that they would be best suited to an album under my own name. It was an intuitive, almost unconscious writing process that resulted in a kind of ‘poetry of melancholy.” The final product inhabits a similar experimental realm as recent albums by Thom Yorke, Portishead, and Nine Inch Nails.

Wilson recruited a stellar cast of guests to work on the album including bassist Tony Levin, drummer Gavin Harrison, and keyboardist Jordan Rudess, alongside Japanese Koto player Michiyo Yagi, British guitarist Sand Snowman, and jazz flautist and saxophonist Theo Travis.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 am

Nope, Rich isn't in this one (too lazy to go to the shelf and pic my book to check LOL!)

I wish I could go to one of those instore signings, but probably I'd scare Steven, given that he saw me last month in Amsterdam :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:01 pm

There's other record signings now.
Monday 9th March 5.30pm
Sister Ray
34-35 Berwick Street, London, WIV 8RP

Tuesday 10th March 5.30pm
Rise
Unit 19, Beechwood Centre, Cheltenham, GL50 1DQ

Wednesday 11th March 5.30pm
Spillers Records
36 The Hayes, Cardiff, CF10 1AJ

I've just heard the album by the way, and it's amazing!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 am

It is indeed an amazing album! My faves are Collecting Space and No Twilights...
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season