Dressing up at the Japan party night?

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Dressing up at the Japan party night?

Postby japanfan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:34 pm

How many of us are dressing up at this event? I dont wanna stand out like a sore thumb. Id encourage as many people as possible to go to this, that way we can really make this a memorable night. I just wish David or another band member could make a guest appearance!
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm going to buy a special outfit, but whether it would count as dressing up I don't know... don't rule out someone special turning up btw - but I wouldn't count on David.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:09 pm

anortherncod wrote:I'm going to buy a special outfit, but whether it would count as dressing up I don't know... don't rule out someone special turning up btw - but I wouldn't count on David.

Id like Rob Dean to make an appearance. :D
Last edited by japanfan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:12 pm

japanfan wrote:Id like Rob Dean to make an appearance. :D

He did that at one of the Bamboo parties iirc - not, unfortunately, one of the two I went to - but that was before he moved to Costa Rica! Is he still there?
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:29 pm

anortherncod wrote:I'm going to buy a special outfit, but whether it would count as dressing up I don't know... don't rule out someone special turning up btw - but I wouldn't count on David.

You seem to know something can you allaborate on here or PM me what you know?
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Well, I don't know anything for sure and didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. But on the Pioneers Yahoo group Paul Rymer posted to say that all the ex-members had been told that they were welcome to come along.

So maybe I've actually got my OWN hopes up in thinking that one of JBK - or Rob Dean - would pop in to say hello. My only reason for saying not to count on David was... well, his general boxing off of the past.
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:24 pm

anortherncod wrote:Well, I don't know anything for sure and didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. But on the Pioneers Yahoo group Paul Rymer posted to say that all the ex-members had been told that they were welcome to come along.

So maybe I've actually got my OWN hopes up in thinking that one of JBK - or Rob Dean - would pop in to say hello. My only reason for saying not to count on David was... well, his general boxing off of the past.

Agreed. David showing up? Nah. Can't see that happening at all. I doubt that Mick will turn up, too busy making sculptures out of feta cheese on his Cypriot isle! SJ or RB turning up would be excellent, in fact, beyond excellent. I heard that someone else was turning up, or at least had agreed to do so ...

I will be dressing up, or at least, attempting to do so. ;-)
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:21 am

Lots of people will be dressing up - and I hope everyone makes the most of the event as it's a long time since we've been able to get together and enjoy Japan/solo music and video, chat about the stuff and have a drink. Concerts are great but there are limited opportunities to interact...

About the ex-members, yes they have been told the event is happening but I don't expect an appearance. I have asked if they have anything new they might like to be played, but haven't had a reply yet. Should be able to play some of Steve's new DVD as it will have been out in Japan for a week. I wouldn't show the whole thing as lots of people are coming to dance etc, not sit watching a DVD.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:24 am

Apart from Astronaut and Anotherncod who else is going to the Japan night? Im defo going bought my ticket today! :-D
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season