Currently listening to II ...

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Re: Currently listening to II ...

Postby Foales Arishes on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Lisa Hannigan - At Swim ... an absolutley stunning LP from former Damien Rice co singer..... She has moved far beyond her role as backing singer, to front of stage for her third solo LP.

One of the best things released this year.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring.

Currently binging on vinyl LP's and re-collecting my collection ;-) It like a madness... I started off with vinyl (and tape) many moons ago, and then I re-bought all my records on CD... now, I'm going the other way again and don't feel I own anything properly unless its a vinyl LP :oops:

Anyone got a copy of Manafon going cheap? :lol: *

* Or.... if you're one of 'those***' who bought it just to stick on your shelf (and don't own a deck) please give it to me.

*** morons :lol:
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 am

Foales Arishes wrote:Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring.

Currently binging on vinyl LP's and re-collecting my collection ;-) It like a madness... I started off with vinyl (and tape) many moons ago, and then I re-bought all my records on CD... now, I'm going the other way again and don't feel I own anything properly unless its a vinyl LP :oops:

Anyone got a copy of Manafon going cheap? :lol: *

* Or.... if you're one of 'those***' who bought it just to stick on your shelf (and don't own a deck) please give it to me.

*** morons :lol:

My deck is out of commission right now. It doesn’t keep me from buying records for the shelf though x)

Did you ever get Manafon cheap? I’ve been thinking about going after a vinyl copy of Gone to Earth myself :smt007
{Insert life-changing mantra here}
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Gabzi Nemo wrote:Did you ever get Manafon cheap? I’ve been thinking about going after a vinyl copy of Gone to Earth myself :smt007

The latter shouldn't be hard to find. Even the recent re-issue on vinyl can be found under $20. I have the original one from 1986, when we were young.....

My Manofon-version is the deluxe one with the surround mix. Not cheap either....

Last LP I bought was Jansen Barbieri Karn: Playing In A Room With People, but generally I buy CD's.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Fri May 22, 2020 1:48 pm

I typically buy records at the stores we have out and about, and DS is the last thing they’ll have here probably, so you’re right I need to bite the bullet and get it online :/

The last LP I got was Til’ Tuesday’s Voices Carry. I had been wanting it for years and I finally found it at an antique store. I was unbelievably happy... until I got it home and realized there was a huge scuff on it :?
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Foales Arishes on Fri May 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Gabzi Nemo wrote:Did you ever get Manafon cheap?

Of course not :cry: I look from time to time, but, unless they re-issue it I will never own it on vinyl. I live in hope a charity or junk shop will have it for a bargain price, but, the chance is probably less than finding a gold hoard buried in the garden... and then I could afford a copy :lol:

A shame your LP find was damaged... I've had the same thing, but I've got lucky with some as well, and the hunt is good fun... well, was, when we could actually go to shops :cry:
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Fri May 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Foales Arishes wrote:
A shame your LP find was damaged... I've had the same thing, but I've got lucky with some as well, and the hunt is good fun... well, was, when we could actually go to shops :cry:

Yeah, I hate hardly being able to go out. We’re just starting to attempt to return to normalcy where I am. Masks are so annoying because I can’t see out of my glasses for nuthin’ given all the fog :/
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Foales Arishes on Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 am

Gabzi Nemo wrote:Yeah, I hate hardly being able to go out. We’re just starting to attempt to return to normalcy where I am. Masks are so annoying because I can’t see out of my glasses for nuthin’ given all the fog :/

Where are you?.. Lockdown is easing here in the UK (too soon I fear) so we are able to get about a little more, but it'll be a while before I venture into a town or city. The thought of wearing a mask is pretty horrible, but I will certainly do so, if going to a public place... not a glasses wearer fortunately, which must make it even worse.

Currently listening to... EOB 'Earth' Radiohead's Ed O'Brien's first solo outing... I'm really enjoying it, even if he's not the most dynamic vocalist. It's great driving music, being more straightforward rock/pop (kind-of anyway) orientated that most of Radiohead's catalogue.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Sun May 24, 2020 9:47 am

Where are you?

I'm in Ohio. In the U.S. each state had a different sort of lockdown, some being so strict as to not let you buy non-essential goods at essential businesses that were open. Some states never had a lockdown at all.

Collapsing New People by Fad Gadget is what I'm listening to currently. I'm a sucker for post-punk and the track has an industrial feel to it which I love.
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Now I'm listening to "I'll Be Around" by The Spinners. So I guess I'm doing a bit of a 180 from about 11 months ago. I can't believe I have been poking around this forum for almost a year now. Gee, does time fly! It seems like I joined a month ago even though life is so much different now. Let's see if I can make it to two years.

I hope you all are doing well :-D
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Open Season