just wondered

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

just wondered

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon May 29, 2006 11:05 pm

If everyone had a good relaxing and fun Memorial Day (here in the states)??

I did a ton of gardening. Came across two of the biggest spiders that I'm surprised didn't tell me to get away from their turf. I found 3 bullfrogs living on my swimming pool's cover. So awesome... I love frogs.
Then had a cookout with some friends... and of course being the weird art crowd...we started randomly photographing stuff with polaroid cameras. LOL..... I of course had a very sylvian moment while doing it. I love shooting polaroids actually....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon May 29, 2006 11:12 pm

Oooh, sounds like you had a great day!!!!

Well, for starters I went to my cellular phone carrier and bought a Motorola Razr phone---good deal with a rebate 8) . So far I like it---I just wish I could get a Japan or Sylvian ringtone :( . I did take a pic of David for my wallpaper :twisted:

After that, I went to visit my brother who is mentally handicapped and stays in an assisted living facility--they had a cookout today and the weather was beautiful.

I then visited my Mum for a while, went home then went for a run before dinner. Earlier tonight I sat around playing with my new phone/toy, and watched PBS about Arlington National Cemetery (I have a brother buried there) and now I am here!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: just wondered

Postby kinki on Tue May 30, 2006 4:11 am

godisinthesilences wrote:I of course had a very sylvian moment while doing it.

:lol: Excellent....do you have any pics you can post?

So you lot had a holiday too eh? We did too....I did lots in the garden too and varnished all my garden furniture to the sweet sound of Assemblage... :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue May 30, 2006 8:45 am

My weekend was excellent! Went on a camping trip to Crystal River with mom, her boyfriend and his friends. Good times! Went on a nice boat ride, did some snorkeling and fishing. Mom's beau Lon and his buddy Scott play this game of name that band. So out on the boat we had Sirius radio set to a classic rock station. They didn't know they were playing with a pro and I was picking those tunes off left and right.

I finally saw my first gator in the wild!! We stayed in some cabins along a lake (where we were fishing) and one night we went out to watch the sunset and there were two of them out in the lake. That was pretty neat. I also caught five fish. Got some sun. Spent some time along the water with a great new album I got - Dizrhythmia. It was so peaceful I kept it going with Spirit of Eden causing a slight burn. But that's ok. Monday we left the lake and spent some time in Tarpon Springs (Greek village with great authentic greek food... mmmmm... and sponge docks.) It was a real lovely relaxing and fun weekend. :-)

Just what the doc ordered for me! I brought Brilliant Trees and Gone to Earth with me, so when I went back to my cabin, it was Sylvian in the morning and Sylvian at night. :wink:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 am

Sounds like you had a blast....!!

proggrl wrote:greek food... mmmmm...

Greek is my favourite food of all time. :D

proggrl wrote:it was Sylvian in the morning and Sylvian at night. :wink:

Now there's a thought..... :twisted:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue May 30, 2006 9:14 am

kinki wrote:Sounds like you had a blast....!!
proggrl wrote:greek food... mmmmm...

Greek is my favourite food of all time. :D

proggrl wrote:it was Sylvian in the morning and Sylvian at night. :wink:

Now there's a thought..... :twisted:

:smt043 heheheeee Admitedly it did cross my mind after I read it back...

Yes, I had a great time. I hadn't been fishing in a long loooong time and forgot how peaceful it can be. I hadn't been snorkeling in about 5 years and forgot how amazing it can be. The spot we went to was a lake that led out into this spring and usually the manatees like to hang in this spot but there were none there. Swimming with the manatees would have been really something!

The Greek village area of Tarpon Springs is a really nice place to visit, too. You can watch the sponge boats come ashore. Tons of shops with sponges to sell, authentic Greek restaurants on every corner, boat rides to watch the divers - just a neat place. And I do loves me some Greek eats - authentic Fila, Greek coffee, Musaka, Souvlaki, all good stuff.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 30, 2006 10:45 am

oh i love greek food....

it sounds like you had a super relaxing weekend... Sounds like something I could have used actually.

On the picture post... I'll have to think on that. I got like 1 i really think is cool but its not anything special. I have 4 sx70 cameras... two are like what david used, but the one just does not like being used. So I was shooting with the other and its harder to tell how close you are to things so stuff is out of focus ... not what i was attempting. I plan to do some more work with it for sure.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 pm

krausy wrote:I did take a pic of David for my wallpaper :twisted:

Heehee, David is my wallpaper, too! :-D

godisinthesilences wrote:On the picture post... I'll have to think on that. I got like 1 i really think is cool but its not anything special. I have 4 sx70 cameras... two are like what david used, but the one just does not like being used. So I was shooting with the other and its harder to tell how close you are to things so stuff is out of focus ... not what i was attempting. I plan to do some more work with it for sure.

Oh really? I have an SX70 camera, too. Mine's in great condition but Polaroid's phased out the film so it's getting rare. I know you can make it take 600 film but I'm sort of lazy at the moment. :roll:

Sounds like you all had fun! I did nothing...
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed May 31, 2006 5:37 am

yeah Polaroid phased the film out in March. I stock piled some before ... I have adapted the cameras to take the 600. Its not at all complicated.
I really do wish that the manual sx70 camera i have was operating better .... I'd prefer to manually focus. I'm a control freak.... HA HA
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season