Duran Duran - Notorious

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby Astronaut on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Yes that's right it's only available for pre-order from Amazon UK. Published on 21st August 2008 @ £18.99, no idea how much the P&P would be on a hardback but I guess it will be an expensive read for you if you can't wait to get your Andy fix!!!!!! :lol:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:52 am

well andy is my man... so i don't mind shelling out the money :-). Should be an interesting read knowing how opinionated he is on a variety of subjects. But, goodness knows i don't htink he's going to be too harsh as i doubt even he wants to start a war with the boys and a bunch of lawyers.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

LOL! No, I dont think Andy will be too outspoken, but knowing his way of "telling it like it is" I'm pretty sure there will be one or two eyebrow raising moments in the book! (Well, I hope so ... :-D )
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 am

No doubt there will be some interesting moments, but he can only talk about HIS time with the band, not the entire band history. And when he is talking about his time with the band, he will also be talking about himself.

I would also like to think that he has a bit of tack, as the last time he was very outspoken, band members and fans alike were not amused. (1987) I have found, from my own experiences unfortuately, that there is a fine line between "telling it like it is" and just being plain offensive.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:37 am

I thought back in the day there was a lot of mud throwing on both sides. When he left this time he stayed silent. However, john decided to really say some things that seemed lacking in character. I was really put off by that. Perhaps, and this is what i'm thinking, is Andy's chance to tell his side of the story without being mean or name calling and in effect getting paid for it.
Lets be honest.... Look how the band's new cd is a total crapper after he left. And in my opinion the group didn't much great music after he left the first time. Not saying he was what made them great.... just seems strange to me is all. I'm just saying.... HHHMMMMMM
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Last edited by Lady Arcadia on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:02 pm

ellyn sylvian wrote:I could get quite defensive about this topic, - I beg to differ on a lot of things regarding DD, and I will leave it there.

Add me to those...
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 pm

i truly think it is best not to take stuff personally.... especially stuff that has NOTHING to do with our own lives. I used to get angry over the other guys saying pissy things about andy... and i wondered why andy said the things he did years ago. But, as time goes by and we all age and grow... I look at all this stuff as history and interesting on both sides.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:48 am

I don't believe I take any DD thing personally, I have enough crap in my own life to deal with.

Probably the only thing I get really p*&^ed off about regarding DD is the way some fans on different message boards really believed they have a "personal" relationship with the band. Fortuately, that is not the case with fans of Japan...
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:06 am

Well no, I didn't mean as taking it personally. I just mean that, as we weren't there, why dumping crap over the ones or the others? I am seeing the same stuff about my fave Spanish band. Their singer left and I see people taking sides. And in that case I could take a side cause I know more what's happening from the inside. But still, what matters is that we have now two sources of good music and I will keep supporting both. The same with DD, though Andy's music don't do it for me. But I wish him good luck. He left cause he needed it. And the others didn't seem to be okay with him either. Everyone is happier this way. What I take personally is that they get personally insulted. They read boards sometimes (probably not these) and they are human. I know that comments made in TTP's boards affected John very much. I just don't want to be part of a bashing fest in one side or the other.

Peace? :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:38 am

gee did you guys think i was bashing? I totally didn't mean to come off that way at all. I don't bash any of the members of DD. I have loved the band since i was a kid and always will. Of course we have peace :-)

I agree about how crazy the other boards get. That is why I stopped going to them. They became so vicious and mean and defensive it wasn't a pleasure to go there anymore.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:52 pm

ellyn sylvian wrote:I don't believe I take any DD thing personally, I have enough crap in my own life to deal with.

Probably the only thing I get really p*&^ed off about regarding DD is the way some fans on different message boards really believed they have a "personal" relationship with the band. Fortuately, that is not the case with fans of Japan...
Thank goodness for that! I know EXACTLY what you mean Ellyn, some of the messages that get posted on those DD forums are DISTASTEFUL in the extreme, really, I mean there's absolutely no need for that kind of offensiveness. Some of it is just plain SAD. I am so glad that Japan fans and this forum in particular do not behave in that way, and that we have such a diverse range of topics to discuss and it's not all: "F**k me Simon youre so gorgeous, golly gee whizz, etc etc ..." OK, I'm guilty of being a bit swoonworthy over MK and others but I try to make it amusing, but those fans are actually serious and that's frightening ...
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:54 am

OK, I'm guilty of being a bit swoonworthy over MK and others

Don't worry, you should see my list!!! :-D
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing