Back to square one

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Back to square one

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:04 am

I suppose it looks like I'm making a ploy for attention by creating a new topic, but I don't know what else I could/would do.

How is everyone? I feel like I've been neglecting this place; I think the last time I logged in was in September or October. I've been neglecting everything, honestly. Everything concerning the internet, that is. Since I've last been seen around here, I started working at the big sadistic corporation known as Best Buy. I was supposedly part-time, but you know how those places are. Let me tell you, working 36 hours per week and going to school full-time is FUN. Fun fun fun. Oh, you can taste the sarcasm. But I've gotten my Associate's degree (in liberal arts, which you can't do anything with, really) and graduated Magna Cum Laude. And I call Best Buy sadistic because those cretins laid me off (they said it was because I was seasonal but I was the only person who was cut loose so I am definitely going to the general manager about that). Currently looking for another job (though I want to be back at BBY; I love[d] my coworkers- the managers, however, can all shrivel up and die, cough cough) because I enjoy eating on occasion. My boyfriend likes to eat all of my food, though. :P

Are there any new developments in the Sylvian world? I think I read somewhere that he's working on a new album. Other than that, I am clueless. I haven't kept up with the interwebz in awhile. And of course I'd like to hear about developments in your lives, as well.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:09 am

welcome back!!!

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 am

Well Howdy stranger!!!

First of all, congrats on the degree and earning it so beautifully!!!

Second, don't sweat the job thing!! I am impressed that you worked those hours and did school as well----what a champ!!

As for news---well, on my front, nothing special, just broke off the relationship that should have been dissolved a long time ago. Now just trying to find the next big thing(take that however you like---lol), and last night had a promising date, so we shall see!!

As for David and the gang, well, I will allow him to update you on all of that....

David? David? Your cue to post now!!! ;-)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm

i'm with krausy... as an instructor of college to work and go to school fulltime i know is one of the hardest things a person can do. The best job for you will happen... keep that intent and it will come to pass. :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Welcome back lastgoldstar :D!, glad to know things are coming through :)....over here, i'm dealing with school & work, after this semester, i'll have 6 more classes left for my associate degree as well :D....
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:27 pm

>>>Are there any new developments in the Sylvian world? I think I read somewhere that he's working on a new album.<<<

Yes, that is correct. Sylvian's new album is expected to be released later this year. It will include the solo material he has been sporadically working on since 2004. Contributors include guitarists Burkhard Stangl and Keith Rowe, bassist Werner Daffeldecker, drummer/percussionist Martin Brandlmayr, saxophonist Evan Parker, as well as innovative sound manipulators Toshimaru Nakamura, Sachiko Matsubara and Christian Fennesz. According to Fennesz, we fans should expect a highly experimental and challenging product.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season