Old DD Scans

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby Burnsjed on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:04 am

I remember them playing "Girl's On Film" in that New Years Eve Bash, and Le Bon's vocals were appaling!
Sorry if I have offended all the DD fans but they were!
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:13 am

Nah, you haven't. I've been in a show in which he lost his voice almost completely soooooo... Why do you think that now the audience sings Save A Prayer? It started there out of necessity, LOL!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:03 am

krausy wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:
krausy wrote:That pic was when they played at the first MTV New Year's Eve Bash!! I have that concert on cassette tape from way back when!!!! And the cassette still works!!!!

And you're going to make your sister friend, ME, a copy right???? WEEEEEEEE

I have their Madison Square Garden show on cd if you want it .... its from 1984.

That's a fair trade!!!! C-r-a-p----that means I have to go find the cassette again; actually double c-r-a-p, I don't think I have my dual cassette player anymore----- :( :( :(

lol ok ... i still have a dual cassette player/recorder. You can send me your tape and i'll make a copy then send your tape back with the madison concert :-) WWWEEEE.... Madison was such a good show!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:27 pm

Burnsjed wrote:I remember them playing "Girl's On Film" in that New Years Eve Bash, and Le Bon's vocals were appaling!

It's part of his charm. ;-)
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:51 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
Burnsjed wrote:I remember them playing "Girl's On Film" in that New Years Eve Bash, and Le Bon's vocals were appaling!

It's part of his charm. ;-)

couldn't agree more.... that is why we love simon!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:39 pm

krausy wrote:
krausy wrote:That pic was when they played at the first MTV New Year's Eve Bash!! I have that concert on cassette tape from way back when!!!! And the cassette still works!!!!

And you're going to make your sister friend, ME, a copy right???? WEEEEEEEE

I have their Madison Square Garden show on cd if you want it .... its from 1984.

That's a fair trade!!!! C-r-a-p----that means I have to go find the cassette again; actually double c-r-a-p, I don't think I have my dual cassette player anymore----- :( :( :(

lol ok ... i still have a dual cassette player/recorder. You can send me your tape and i'll make a copy then send your tape back with the madison concert :-) WWWEEEE.... Madison was such a good show!

Sounds like we back in business sista!!!!!!!! That I can handle----I'll see what I can dug up from the time capsule that is my cassette tape drawers.......... :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:20 am

heartofdavid wrote:
Burnsjed wrote:
I remember them playing "Girl's On Film" in that New Years Eve Bash, and Le Bon's vocals were appaling!

It's part of his charm.

couldn't agree more.... that is why we love simon!

As an ex-boyfriend of mine said " if I did that, you would tell me to stop and shut up, - and you pay to see this guy!!!" But you are right it is his charm - along with that cheshire cat smile he has.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:40 am

the best part of simon is how he acts all cool and stuff but then is really just a giant dork. Falling on stage .... ALL the time. Doing and saying dorky things. I love a nerd in wolves clothing!!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:03 am

godisinthesilences wrote:the best part of simon is how he acts all cool and stuff but then is really just a giant dork. Falling on stage .... ALL the time. Doing and saying dorky things. I love a nerd in wolves clothing!!!!!

mmmhmmmmm - but so dang cute he can get away with it. One flash of that beamy smile and it's all over - you'd forgive that boy anything.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:45 pm

proggrl wrote:mmmhmmmmm - but so dang cute he can get away with it. One flash of that beamy smile and it's all over - you'd forgive that boy anything.

Except I haven't yet forgiven him when he almost killed me crowd surfing two years ago... :roll:

Kidding, but it was truly a difficult moment, even worst for him than for me!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:01 pm

sisterlondon wrote:
proggrl wrote:mmmhmmmmm - but so dang cute he can get away with it. One flash of that beamy smile and it's all over - you'd forgive that boy anything.

Except I haven't yet forgiven him when he almost killed me crowd surfing two years ago... :roll:

Kidding, but it was truly a difficult moment, even worst for him than for me!
WHAAATTT??? Methinks you're holding stories out on us! Do tell! :)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:13 pm

Well, it's not much! In Barcelona, that same day when he lost his voice, he decided probably to entertain us a bit "extra". He had crowd surfed a couple of times before in the US, but wasn't the usual. So that night he sat on the fence, we were all singing into the mike "play the f*cking bass John"... and with no warning I see his ass coming to my face, LOL! It was bad cause we didn't expect it and silly him he almost cracked his skull against the floor! I managed to grab his thigh *LOL!* and a friend of mine helped him to land safe and sound. And from that day on I think he repeated the whole thing all the time. In London he landed very near me too, but thankfully not over me! The poor gal ended smashed on the floor and he kept asking if she was okay, go figure.

So... this was in Barcelona, the moment before he did it:

And this was Madrid, 2 days after, I was close, but not THAT close...

sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:54 pm

What an absolute nutter!! :roll: hehehe

Glad you faired well enough to tell the story tho. Can't imagine being the one though to have my hand in his hair - I'd tell EVERYONE about that. :D LOL
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:57 pm

Well, I told everyone about how I had my arm around his thigh, LOL! ;) And man, he's SO heavy! :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:05 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Well, I told everyone about how I had my arm around his thigh, LOL! ;) And man, he's SO heavy! :lol:

Can't imagine having my arm around his thigh *passes out*

and if that Sonic comes around with his 'fatty LeBon' comments, he's gonna get it in Sept! :wink:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Open Season