Hello everybody!!!

Tell us a little bit about you...

Hello everybody!!!

Postby Meyrav on Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Hey!
My name is Meyrav, i'm 17 years old and I live in Israel- i'm probably the only JAPAN fan in my country...even the librarian in our city's music library stared at me when I borrowed the 'GTP' CD...
I ADORE what Japan were doing in their time!!!
The whole era is really fantastic, and i'm actually think I was born in the wrong decade!
How did I get to know Japan? Well, i'm a big duran fan especially their initial material, and after I was listening over and over again to their new romantic music (that's my fave period of them), I was wondering about their 'sources', so I checked John Taylor and Nick Rhodes's list of music they played in their club(at the beginning of thier band) and I saw how badly they were influenced by Japan's music-and I had to check what it is all about. The first Japan's song I checked was in YouTube- 'Adolescent Sex'- I was like 'OMG, I love it!!!' I couldn't stop singing it the rest of that day! It really sticked in my head...and when I first saw Sylvian in that clip I thought I just saw the coolest and most original creature on our planet (and he is terribly sexy!!!)...and Mick's style was soo groovy and 70's...
And that's it. I'm totally hooked since then (since April or so...)
Japan are much more better than Duran(to my ears...). The groovy and jumpy Mick's bass can really drive me crazy- and it's VERY hard to sit in silence in the bus on my way to school, while i'm listening in my iPod to 'The Art Of Parties' for example...
I still don't know what is my favorite Japan's track- each song brings up very different emotions- 'Nightporter' can make me cry, 'Adolescent Sex' and 'Lovers on main street' are always make me feel sexy..lol, 'Life in Tokyo' make me feel like i'm in a real 70's club...But they are all always washing me with such a happiness!
Ask questions if youv'e got any! This place is brilliant and the people here are too!
Glad to meet you all!
Last edited by Meyrav on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meyrav
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Meyrav----welcome!!!!

I got into Japan the same way---through Duran Duran. I too love their early stuff---their first album is my favorite, then Rio. And I love all the Japan albums. When you get the chance, listen to some of David's solo work. I think you may like that too,or at least some of it.

Glad to have you here.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:10 pm

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:22 pm

Welcome! This is an awesome board for a truly one of a kind band...my father has been to Israel, I'll have to ask him what it's like. I can imagine there would be a lack of Japan appreciation there... :lol:

BTW, the first Japan song I ever heard was Adolescent Sex as well, I was watching the video and the first thing I ever noticed was how beautiful David was, and how perfectly manicured his hair was, then I saw Mick, and instantly I loved them as well.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:11 am

Welcome, Meyrav :). By the sound of it, you feel like the way I felt when I first heard Japan and lovely, sexy David Sylvian. Okay...I still feel the way I did back then :P. Enjoy yourself here...people here are very knowledgable and very cool.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:50 am

Welcome to the madness! ;) (another DD fan here)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:27 am

And another DD fan - like you I got into Japan thru the Durans. So welcome aboard and enjoy!! :D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Meyrav on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:27 am

Wow, Thank you all!
Yes, I already started to check some of David's solo work, and it sounds brilliant. His voice never changed!
I can also see many dd fans here..hehe..nice...
But Japan is THE band for me...
Meyrav
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby New Romantik on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:50 pm

HEY! You're cool, you're one of my Myspace friends! Welcome, I was wondering when you were going to join! :-D
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Meyrav on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:40 pm

New Romantik wrote:HEY! You're cool, you're one of my Myspace friends! Welcome, I was wondering when you were going to join! :-D

LOL! Ya, if you would tell me about this place I would come here ages ago! hehe...But you decided to keep all the fun to yourself! lol! joking...
Nice to meet you again Johnny!!!
Meyrav
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:47 am

Hey Meyrav!

It's nice to see more Sylvian fans from all over the world! Welcome to JapanSylvian, I hope you have a good time posting here!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Meyrav on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Hey Meyrav!

It's nice to see more Sylvian fans from all over the world! Welcome to JapanSylvian, I hope you have a good time posting here!

-Kera-

Thank you Kera! This is a great place!
Meyrav
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself