Here am I alone? again...

Tell us a little bit about you...

Here am I alone? again...

Postby tallulahtaurus on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Hello I should have done this some time ago - certainly before I acquired the Rich beneath my name I suspect.

My problem was always a lack of things to say about myself - I would put it off and put it off and all that until I had something to say that made me seem witty or worthwhile. (lol I am lame)

Well so long after my first visit I still have little to say about myself but I am aware that I haven't r introduced myself to anyone here and yet I frequent this board a lot and it's a bit rude so yeah well I wanted to say hello.

*WAVES*

I waffle too much (never use one word when you can use 20 poncey pretentious one) and I am far too fangirlish and silly, but I am basically sound, I think, altho if I wasn't would I know? These are the kind of things I wonder about... (lame)

I have been a fan for not long, nearly a year - I would say got into them through Duran's Nick Rhodes. I heard Quiet Life first and then Nightporter and the Art of Parties and well I knew this was the band for me.

I am obsessed at the moment, waffling about them in my livejournal and to my rl life friends and I have at least one convert to the cause so far...I like converting people.

So yeah anyway - a whole lotta nothing. Just a shy but talkative weirdo online and in real life...

But thank you tons and tons to you guys here for the info and the pictures and the wondrousness. I really get a kick from seeing new things here. And overwhelmingly thank you to arieleleven for the DVD you sent to me - I still watch it and treasure it so so much --- I wasn't sure you understood the gratitude I have towards you...

True
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Here am I alone? again...

Postby Cheery Cherry on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:49 pm

So nice to meet you, Tallulah!!! I don't think you're lame and there is nothing wrong with being silly because that's exactly how I am and you know, I sometimes worry that I may come across as not so clever because I say things as I think them (without really thinking) and then I realize later what I said. Don't worry about what other people think...be yourself!

tallulahtaurus wrote:Hello I should have done this some time ago - certainly before I acquired the Rich beneath my name I suspect.

My problem was always a lack of things to say about myself - I would put it off and put it off and all that until I had something to say that made me seem witty or worthwhile. (lol I am lame)

Well so long after my first visit I still have little to say about myself but I am aware that I haven't r introduced myself to anyone here and yet I frequent this board a lot and it's a bit rude so yeah well I wanted to say hello.

*WAVES*

I waffle too much (never use one word when you can use 20 poncey pretentious one) and I am far too fangirlish and silly, but I am basically sound, I think, altho if I wasn't would I know? These are the kind of things I wonder about... (lame)

I have been a fan for not long, nearly a year - I would say got into them through Duran's Nick Rhodes. I heard Quiet Life first and then Nightporter and the Art of Parties and well I knew this was the band for me.

I am obsessed at the moment, waffling about them in my livejournal and to my rl life friends and I have at least one convert to the cause so far...I like converting people.

So yeah anyway - a whole lotta nothing. Just a shy but talkative weirdo online and in real life...

But thank you tons and tons to you guys here for the info and the pictures and the wondrousness. I really get a kick from seeing new things here. And overwhelmingly thank you to arieleleven for the DVD you sent to me - I still watch it and treasure it so so much --- I wasn't sure you understood the gratitude I have towards you...

True
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Here am I alone? again...

Postby Steerpike on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:48 am

tallulahtaurus wrote:I waffle too much (never use one word when you can use 20 poncey pretentious one) and I am far too fangirlish and silly, but I am basically sound, I think, altho if I wasn't would I know? These are the kind of things I wonder about... (lame)

True

Listen, you're not the only one and if you ever want to come up to London and meet another fangirl and do silly things together, you only have to ask. You should have seen me at the Lord of The Rings Musical last night! :twisted:
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am

Hi Tallulataurus!

Well... I guess... Welcome to the boards! ;)

I love your posts! I don't think you're too fangirly or silly at all! And you are certainly not lame... Anyone who's a fan of Japan/Sylvian has got to be awesome, right?

Anyway... I hope you've enjoyed your time here, and I hope you continue to do so!

-Kera

PS: Arieleleven does have fantastic DVD's huh? Thanks Arieleleven! :-D
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:22 pm

tallulah, no worries about waffling, I babble way too much ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Thank you guys, a mighty fine and kind welcome (LOVE)

Oh and steerpike you so know I wanna do mucho silly fangirly things before this sylvian concert.

:D
"This island of blue
Like water and sand
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:06 pm

tallulahtaurus wrote:Thank you guys, a mighty fine and kind welcome (LOVE)

Oh and steerpike you so know I wanna do mucho silly fangirly things before this sylvian concert.

:D

Let me know what you want to do and I'll be there! And it doesn't just have to be in September either!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:33 am

Ha ha steerpike I'll take you up on that and you'll regret it!!

My problem is always money I don't r have the cash to want to do anything apart from talking excitedly in a free place...up for that some time??

I'm prob gonna have to save up to actually eat lunch in September...but nevermind...oooh I am getting all excited.
"This island of blue
Like water and sand
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Steerpike on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:52 am

tallulahtaurus wrote:Ha ha steerpike I'll take you up on that and you'll regret it!!

My problem is always money I don't r have the cash to want to do anything apart from talking excitedly in a free place...up for that some time??

I'm prob gonna have to save up to actually eat lunch in September...but nevermind...oooh I am getting all excited.

Don't worry. I think everyone will be counting the pennies in September. I'll be looking for places that has a meal deal (like 2 meals for the price of one). ANd yes, I'm up for talking in a free place :D
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:44 am

tallulahtaurus, one of my few journey's to Brighton was to see Sylvian there during the Shaman's Tour.
Unfortunately the concert was cancelled due to Steve hurting his hand, but unfortunately I did not find that out until I go to the front door of the concert hall!
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Awww burnsjed that sucks mightily - I would've been inconsolable...
"This island of blue
Like water and sand
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Burnsjed wrote:tallulahtaurus, one of my few journey's to Brighton was to see Sylvian there during the Shaman's Tour.
Unfortunately the concert was cancelled due to Steve hurting his hand, but unfortunately I did not find that out until I go to the front door of the concert hall!

Uhhh that does sound familiar! *coughstevegettingsickbeforetheParlagigcough* :P
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself