Hellooo From The Great PAC NW!

Tell us a little bit about you...

Hellooo From The Great PAC NW!

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Hey guys! Man, this is really an amazing site for a truly underrated, an amazing band. I am a bit of a noob when (hey I guess I really am! *title*) when it comes to Japan, as I have only been into them for a little over a year. I stumbled across them on someones Myspace, and discovered the song "Adolescent Sex"...I was hooked! I now own all the re-masters. What a trip Japan are....I generally am into more guitar driven music so the new wave stuff was definetely difficult to get into at first, but I like to say that Japan's music, especially the new wave stuff paints a picture. I sometimes put on my big stereo headphones, and turn up Oil On Canvas and just take it all in. Anyways, I have alot of questions to ask and I hope to have some great discussions! Again, very glad that I found this site. I also post on Metal-Sludge, and Metal-Blast, but few people know of Japan there.

EDIT:

Also here are some of my favorite bands, Japan included!

Japan
Celtic Frost
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Van Halen (Roth era)
Dokken
Hanoi Rocks
MSG/McAuley-Schenker Group
Cheap Trick
Vinnie Vincent
70's era Scorpions
Rainbow
Bathory
Mott the Hoople
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Hello, Rhodesia32!

I am so glad that you found this forum, too! We are quite the friendly crew on here :DDD

I also love the 2 early albums... They are my summertime albums! Though I do have to admit I got into the New-Ramantic albums first! :D

Again, welcome and look forward to reading your posts!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Cheery Cherry on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Welcome, Rhodesia! I am a metal head myself but I listen to all types of music.

Great list there too...Priest, Halen (definitely with Dave!), Maiden...God...I grew up with them :).
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:09 pm

Hey welcome! I'm more a new wave kid than a metal head but I enjoy metal as well ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Nice to see more people who are into METAL! Haha, it's my element but I tend to stray from time to time.
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue May 01, 2007 7:46 am

Welcome. Nope, you're not the only metal fan here. I do enjoy some from time to time. Megadeth are really up there for me. I got into it the opposite way most prog-rockers do. They usually get into prog through metal, I got into metal though prog. I just like music that moves me, tht fits the mood and sometimes, I just need that drive.

Keep rockin'
-K.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue May 01, 2007 10:19 am

proggrl wrote:They usually get into prog through metal, I got into metal though prog. I just like music that moves me, tht fits the mood and sometimes, I just need that drive.

Yep, I'm with you here. I am not the usual metal listener, but got from the new wave into prog (still really starting!) and then a bit of metal. But before I was mainly a new wave/funk/jazz gal. Just be open to all te good music out of there! ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Tue May 01, 2007 11:07 am

proggrl wrote:Welcome. Nope, you're not the only metal fan here. I do enjoy some from time to time. Megadeth are really up there for me. I got into it the opposite way most prog-rockers do. They usually get into prog through metal, I got into metal though prog. I just like music that moves me, tht fits the mood and sometimes, I just need that drive.

Keep rockin'
-K.

There is an alternym on Metal Sludge called "The Prog Lord" his whole schtick is to convert people to the ways of prog. It's really funny.
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Tue May 01, 2007 11:36 am

I too, am into the metal, but only the more experimental stuff like Opeth, Katatonia, Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah, and don't forget the doom metal! Sun o))), Boris. great stuff.
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Tue May 01, 2007 11:37 am

sisterlondon wrote:
proggrl wrote:They usually get into prog through metal, I got into metal though prog. I just like music that moves me, tht fits the mood and sometimes, I just need that drive.

Yep, I'm with you here. I am not the usual metal listener, but got from the new wave into prog (still really starting!) and then a bit of metal. But before I was mainly a new wave/funk/jazz gal. Just be open to all te good music out of there! ;)
Wow - I thought I was the only one on that path. Tres cool!! Music is just transcendent of everything. Genres mean nothing in the big grande scheme. I just like what I like.
Last edited by proggrl on Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Tue May 01, 2007 11:43 am

Welcome Rhodesia32. It's great to see another "Headbanger" here as well. :lol:
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Tue May 01, 2007 6:52 pm

hiya & welcome aboard Rhodesia32 :)
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm

proggrl wrote:Wow - I thought I was the only one on that path. Tres cool!! Music is just transcendent of everything. Genres mean nothing in the big grande scheme. I just like what I like.

Exactly! I listen to everything and if I like it then I am game :) I pretty like a little bit of everything and then a lot of some other things ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri May 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Welcome, Rhodesia32!!!

I listen to lots of everything, but I head bang too. I like Metallica, Scorpions, Van Halen, Dokken, Vandenberg, Dio, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, etc. Just to mention a few.

Glad to have you here and we will be glad to answer any questions you have, as I am sure you will do the same for us. Looking forward to some good discussion.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Sat May 05, 2007 8:38 am

hello and welcome Rhodesia 32!!!

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself