New Member from U.S.A.

Tell us a little bit about you...

New Member from U.S.A.

Postby syberian_inc on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello!

I'm Kira and I'm from Washington state. I wanted to talk to others about David Sylvian/Japan because I don't really know anyone else who wants to talk about them so much, especially not in person (I'm graduating High School this year, so that figures). I like Japan, Duran Duran, Blondie, David Bowie, etc. And I have a reaaally big crush on David Sylvian. :smt007 :smt050 :oops:

Hmm, besides loving David, I play guitar and synth, write poetry, and do UN debate, but above I love my art.

:) Nice to meet you all!
I am far too young for David Sylvian. Duran Duran is great.
syberian_inc
Noob
Noob

Re: New Member from U.S.A.

Postby Quiet Visitor on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 am

Welcome, Kira.

Hope you don't mind talking with quite a lot of folks that could be your dad or mom, as a lot of us know Japan from the late '70s.

Maybe you'll give us a bit of your music one of these days.

René
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:45 pm

Hello and nice to meet you?
Can I be nosy and ask you two questions?
1) How did you get to know David Sylvian/Japan?
2) Have you heard and what do you think of his latest solo works (Blemish, Manafon, Died In The Wool, Do You Know Me Now?)?

It's not an examination and there are no prizes, it's just out of curiosity. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby syberian_inc on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:36 pm

I do not mind at all! My mom likes much of the same music as I do, and I have online friends around the same age as her. (She's not big on Japan though).

inkinthewell wrote:Hello and nice to meet you?
Can I be nosy and ask you two questions?
1) How did you get to know David Sylvian/Japan?
2) Have you heard and what do you think of his latest solo works (Blemish, Manafon, Died In The Wool, Do You Know Me Now?)?

It's not an examination and there are no prizes, it's just out of curiosity. :D

Sure!
1) This is pretty silly, but I heard Japan looking at similar related to Bowie songs on youtube, and wasn't much of a fan at first (not used to such a different style). Then I kept hearing the old "David looks like Nick Rhodes" thing whenever I googled Nick, and I guess after hearing so much about them I decided to listen a bit more; I realized Japan was actually one of my favorite bands and that, once I got used to the different style, the music was absolutely amazing like nothing before. After reading interviews I also saw that David and I have quite a bit in common, besides him being the most gorgeous man in the world to me, and that the other band members are all wonderful as well.
2) I haven't heard much of his latest stuff, though I know he's more fond of those. It's a bit more mellow than what I normally listen to. I really enjoyed the Monster ending theme he did, For The Love of Life. I thought it was really a beautiful interpretation, and no matter what sort of music he sings his voice is heavenly.

On another note, I really like Richard's newer solo stuff.
I am far too young for David Sylvian. Duran Duran is great.
syberian_inc
Noob
Noob

Postby inkinthewell on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 pm

:smt023
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself