A brief conversation ending in hello

Tell us a little bit about you...

A brief conversation ending in hello

Postby Mixedupkid on Mon May 15, 2006 7:28 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Duncan, from Brighton, South England. I have been a rabid Sylvian fan since belatedly discovering Polaroids in Woolworths in the mid-80's. From the moment I heard Nightporter I was sucked into Mr Sylvian's twilight world. I then delved into the solo stuff and like Moodyb "Brilliant Trees" is my favourite album of all time. I have seen Mr S a few times notably on the Road To Graceland tour and more recently the FITF show in London. At the latter, I met a good friend and fellow Sylvian stalker Sahara Blue - known to me as Donna, some of you will no doubt be familiar with her. Great to have this forum! Keep up the good work! (though I can't upload any video stuff as of yet)
between darkness and shadowy light
Mixedupkid
Noob
Noob

Postby Silver Moon on Mon May 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Wecome Duncan!

Thanks so much for joining! I love how you refer to her as a Sylvian stalker! I can relate! =) I hope to read more posts from you, and I would LOVE to see those videos you have!

Thank you again,

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Sahara Blue on Tue May 23, 2006 10:17 am

Sylvian stalker here.. :D but lest anyone get the wrong impression, it WAS pure happenstance that I was staying at the same hotel as David and the band in London and LA...I promise!!

As with everyone else here, I am an avid Sylvian fan and have loved JAPAN/David for over 20 years (god, I feel old). My favourite JAPAN albums are Quiet Life and GTP.. I can't single out just one. Brilliant Trees will always be my most cherished solo album - a sentimental favourite that has seen me through the many ups and downs in my adult years..

I've been lucky enough to see David live 7 times..2 shows on the Shaman tour, 1 Road to Graceland, 3 E&N and lastly that magical evening at the RFH during the FITF tour. I haven't given up hope that David will tour again - either with Nine Horses or solo sometime in the not too distant future..

A huge THANK YOU to Kera for doing such a fantastic job with the forum.. :) :)
I don't ever want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming...DS
Sahara Blue
Noob
Noob

Postby kinki on Tue May 23, 2006 11:57 am

Hello you two - great to have you here in this lovely little place...pull up a chair, re-apply your mascara, and pour yourself a martini.

:wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 23, 2006 12:48 pm

Nice to meet you Duncan and Donna.

Donna, you certainly have been blessed to see David so many times, and I am glad to hear you are optimistic about another tour sometime. I would love to have another chance to see David for the first time. :D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 23, 2006 1:01 pm

krausy wrote:Nice to meet you Duncan and Donna.

Donna, you certainly have been blessed to see David so many times, and I am glad to hear you are optimistic about another tour sometime. I would love to have another chance to see David for the first time. :D

I would completely like to second this welcome! You have been truly blessed to experience David live ... what a gift.

namaste'
-laura-
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself