Hello to Everyone

Tell us a little bit about you...

Hello to Everyone

Postby arieleleven on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:09 pm

I am so happy to have found this board! I've been a fan of Japan, et al. on and off since 1979 (I know -- I hang my head in shame re: the Off Period :( ). I just finished uploading some old photos which I received back in the '80s from British, Dutch and Japanses friends and I found other items which I will be pleased to share with everyone here as well. This is such a great website and you are doing a wonderful job with it! :D
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Welcome Ariel! Thanks for the photos, we do appreciate those around here! Good to have ya.

Enjoy.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:32 pm

Welcome, Arie!

I am so glad you signed up- You sound like a most dedicated fan and I am so glad to have you! I look forward to reading your posts and I hope you have fun here!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby arieleleven on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words of welcome! And you are so welcome too for the photos -- more to come shortly -- I love having people to share these with!

Ari
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Smalldot on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:39 pm

Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you aboard.
Smalldot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arieleleven on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:44 pm

Many thanks! I am having so much fun already. Now I have someplace to talk about Japan, etc. without boring everyone else in my life (most of whom, sadly, either no longer care about them or never liked them in the first place...whatever)!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Smalldot on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:45 pm

arieleleven wrote:Many thanks! I am having so much fun already. Now I have someplace to talk about Japan, etc. without boring everyone else in my life (most of whom, sadly, either no longer care about them or never liked them in the first place...whatever)!

I hear ya. I'm in a similar situation ever since I left the big city for a smaller town. Not many people here share my interest in the band, let alone anything else I'm into.

So don't worry, there is no such thing as a "freak" on this board. :)
Smalldot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby proggrl on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:19 pm

Smalldot wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Many thanks! I am having so much fun already. Now I have someplace to talk about Japan, etc. without boring everyone else in my life (most of whom, sadly, either no longer care about them or never liked them in the first place...whatever)!

I hear ya. I'm in a similar situation ever since I left the big city for a smaller town. Not many people here share my interest in the band, let alone anything else I'm into.

YEAH! All the best freaks are here!! LOL Ari, I think we all live that unfortunate life which is why places like this are so lovely to have. Thanks again to Kera. I know I've said it before, but if often bears repeating!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:42 am

Too true, Proggrl. I for one feel really alone where I live so this site is a gift from Heaven!!!!!

Great to have ya here Ari, and good to know you have liked the band for so long. I am fascinated with their early days and you should have a lot of info on that (at least i hope). I wish I could go back in time and live that for a week or so, just to see what they were like. :wink:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:39 am

Krausy- I often wish I could go back in time too! But not for a week- Forever!! Oh, the possibilities...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Welcome! And thanks you for the pictures. :D

Silver Moon wrote:Krausy- I often wish I could go back in time too! But not for a week- Forever!! Oh, the possibilities...

-K-

Okay, I have a proposition for you. When so-called time machines are invented (and I do mean when and not if), you and I are packing our bags and heading back to the seventies. Deal?
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:04 pm

lastgoldstar wrote:Welcome! And thanks you for the pictures. :D

Silver Moon wrote:Krausy- I often wish I could go back in time too! But not for a week- Forever!! Oh, the possibilities...

-K-

Okay, I have a proposition for you. When so-called time machines are invented (and I do mean when and not if), you and I are packing our bags and heading back to the seventies. Deal?

OH oooh ooh, can I come??!!?!?!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Lastgoldstar- Just get me a delorean and some plutonium and I'll get to work...

I WANT TO GO BACK SOO BAD!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby arieleleven on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:29 pm

Smalldot wrote:

That's a relief to hear! :-)
I empathize with you, too -- it can be tough going from an urban environment to a more rural one. Yay for the Internet, huh?!!
Thanks for the encouraging and welcoming words. :)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:32 pm

proggrl wrote:
Smalldot wrote:

YEAH! All the best freaks are here!! LOL Ari, I think we all live that unfortunate life which is why places like this are so lovely to have. Thanks again to Kera. I know I've said it before, but if often bears repeating!

Yes, thanks so much, Kera, for giving us freaks such a great place to commune! Y'know what? I'm proud to be a Freak. :)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself