One more saying HI!

Tell us a little bit about you...

One more saying HI!

Postby Serotonin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 am

I've been meaning to join this site for quite sometime, but a long term, very heavy work commitment (now easier) and a frustrating slow computer (now fixed) made it difficult. For those same reasons, I'm not a member of any social internet site (I was a while ago, but there was no point, as I couldn't take part). I'm also a little bit shy.

I managed to visit here at every opportunity, enough to discover how great this site is, so friendly and so informative. I absolutely love reading the members reviews and opinions on albums, on a particular song and on musicians. You guys could put many music journalists to shame with your knowledge and passion for the subjects. And the occasional girlish comments on the boys' looks - both on the forum and on the gallery - are quite entertaining and always bring me a smile :D :shock:

Japan's music and David's solo and collaboration works have been part of my life since the eighties and I have followed David's career ever since, getting excited with every new project and with every announced tour. From 'Ghosts' to 'Small Metal Gods', David's lyrics, his voice and beautiful melodies have helped me more than I care to admit. Yes, my obsession hasn't diminished at all over the years... if anything, it has increased!

And finally (yes, I do talk too much!), I would like to thank each person who runs this site for their fantastic work, their love and dedication. Also, a big thank you to everyone who goes through the trouble (searching, scanning etc) of posting those wonderful photos on the Gallery. All your work is very much appreciated.

Love to all. xx

(Apologies for any errors - my first language isn't English)
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: One more saying HI!

Postby Nath on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:55 am

Hello and welcome... :smt006

don't worry english is not my first language too... :wink:

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Welcome, Serotonin.
It's always great when a (almost) new brother/sister steps into SylvianKarnJansenBarbieriland. :smt023
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Hello! Great intro - wish I'd said something so eloquent when I first joined. And please talk - talk lots! :D
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Serotonin on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello Nath from Paris, inkinthewell from Italy and Hawk from the UK,

Thank you so much for such warm welcome :D . I apologise for not replying earlier - everyday life always gets in the way.
... and Hawk, I really wish I was eloquent! I love your posts, they are so poetic and lovely.
As a matter of fact, I enjoy reading everyone's posts; each one has their own way to express themselves and I'm always learning something new.
Love to all.
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby digimarsh on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 am

Serotonin wrote:Hello Nath from Paris, inkinthewell from Italy and Hawk from the UK,

Thank you so much for such warm welcome :D . I apologise for not replying earlier - everyday life always gets in the way.
... and Hawk, I really wish I was eloquent! I love your posts, they are so poetic and lovely.
As a matter of fact, I enjoy reading everyone's posts; each one has their own way to express themselves and I'm always learning something new.
Love to all.

Hello and welcome, thanks for all your kind words. To be honest it's not always possible to get on here and post,sometimes
i can go few weeks without , due to varying degrees of work commitments and the daily wirl that is family life.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby dconnery1966 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome aboard serotonin :smt006
all the best Dougie :D
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Serotonin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Hello digimarsh,
True words... I know the feeling too well! Thanks also for the kind message.

Hello Dougie,
Thanks for your lovely welcome.
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Introduce Yourself