Here goes nothing...

Tell us a little bit about you...

Here goes nothing...

Postby carolineharry on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 am

How did I miss this section? :roll: Probably couldn't see the wood for all the brilliant trees. :lol: Anywhooo, as for me, I'm on a mission to catch up with David Sylvian's career since the Japan days.I've been buying albums through recomendations on the super Yahoo group that's run by Paul.
I loved Japan as a kid (about 12 years old back in 82') and borrowed some albums off an old boyfriend when I was about 14/15.
To be honest, I've been listening to all sorts of music over the years.The albums I had in my teens were mostly on tape, they got chewed up, lost, broken over the years.And whilst I was busy saving up to get married,music albums were not on my list of priorities.
On mother's day this year my sons bought me some Japan albums, Oil on Canvas & The Best Of Japan.I had the 80's triple cd pack last year, and I'd mentioned how much I loved Sylvian's Red Guitar, so mental notes were made in the family, and stored away until they managed to find some Japan/Sylvian albums on their travels.
I'm Caroline, I'm 39, married, got two kids, live in Swansea, I'm a housewife.I love live music, reading, old movies, visiting castles, cooking.I was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer in 2005, so I'm living life to the full.

:smt006 So, helloooo to all on here. :smt006
carolineharry
Regular
Regular

Re: Here goes nothing...

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:12 am

I've already said hello on your other thread, but I liked the way you gave a little information about yourself which I don't think I've EVER done here... so to fill in some gaps...

I'm Natasha, I'm 38, live in Salford, trying again with my partner after having fallen in love with someone from Porcupine Tree Forum and getting my heart broken, no kids, and I work as an electronic notetaker for deaf people as well as being a part-time student of Italian at Leeds Metropolitan University...
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby carolineharry on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 am

Interesting job there Natasha.
I really hope things work out for you and your partner.Sometimes we need to hop over the fence, if only to see the grass is just as green over here.And remember, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. ;-)
carolineharry
Regular
Regular

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:37 am

carolineharry wrote:Interesting job there Natasha.
I really hope things work out for you and your partner.Sometimes we need to hop over the fence, if only to see the grass is just as green over here.And remember, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. ;-)

Thanks Caroline. I can honestly say that I LOVE my job, it's one of the things that has kept me sane during what I refer to colloquially as 'The Mess'... and as for The Mess I suppose only time will tell. But I'm getting there.
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:25 am

Hi girls, nice to learn a little more about you and sorry that both of you seem to have had some difficult times.

My name is Debs, I'm 44 and I live in Lancashire with my partner and two rapidly growing daughters. I work part-time (although I prefer to refer to it as being semi-retired :wink:) and I'm a secretary/administrator by trade. I enjoy reading, listening to music and cooking but my absolute passion is travelling and I try to get away as much as possible (it's a standing joke amongst my friends that I have a plane on permanent standby at Manchester Airport).

I only recently got back into Japan after deciding to rediscover all the things that meant so much to me pre-kids and domesticity including books/poetry/art (perhaps it's some kind of mid-life crisis I don't know, but I'm loving every minute of it). I've made a pact with my eldest daughter in that if she accompanies me to some of the concerts I want to go to, I'll take her to see some of her favourites - unfortunately, the down side of this is that at some point I'm going to have to endure the Jonas Brothers :smt104 (she obviously got her taste in music from her father :roll: ) but who knows I may convert her somewhere along the way :-D
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 am

^^^ I knew you lived near me - ish (depends whereabouts in Lancs I suppose). The Northern contigent is growing!!! :D
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 am

A small provincial town 7 miles outside Preston I can confirm but I'll leave it at that before you :smt015
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:32 am

Well, I lived in Bolton for over 11 years until the end of January when I came back to Salford.

I was in Preston a couple of weeks ago doing a freelance job actually...
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:35 am

You have my heart felt sympathies :lol:
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 am

Preston's not THAT bad... if you have no paint drying to watch one day you might be able to find out on PTF why Preston has a special place in my heart...
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 am

How intriguing - being impossibly nosey by nature you can more or less count on it.

Anyway, how is it that everytime Caroline posts a new thread we end up monopolizing it :?:
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:55 am

Poor Caroline... I just have a bit of a tendency to go off-topic... :oops:
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:05 pm

anortherncod wrote:Poor Caroline... I just have a bit of a tendency to go off-topic... :oops:

Ditto :-D
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby carolineharry on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Hey, it's great to see life on here.This place is buzzing with enthusiasm, please don't say sorry, there's no need. :-D Forums can become stale and clinical if everyone just sticks to being 'on-topic'.It shows your friendly side when you get all chatty.
carolineharry
Regular
Regular

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Caroline you have a real point there and I hope I'm not rocking any boats when I say that this forum, as seriously great as it is, is genuinely benefiting from some new blood and enthusiasm ........ Barbierian at this point runs for the hills shouting 'YIKES' as she goes :smt087
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself