I'm finally in!!!

Tell us a little bit about you...

I'm finally in!!!

Postby FlyingPig on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:22 am

After waiting 2 months to get my account approved, and then a few days when I decided to change my password, here I am.

I rediscovered David Sylvian at the end of the 'Babel' movie. I then bought Gone to earth, Dead Bees on Cake and so on.
My first introduction to him was through a record I bought because I was a fan of Bowie. The soundtrack to 'Merry X-mas Mister Lawrence'. I then bought the year after 'Brilliant Trees', which at the time and still today, doesn't move me at all.
So it's only 23 years later that I stumbled upon him.
I had the privilege to see him perform in Brussels in 2007, it was fantastic.

Other than that, I used to be a singer/songwriter who decided to go back to school and become something else...
I'm also a Buddhist, though more a meditator than a full fledged practitioner.

I'm still very much into music: Deaf Center, Pavorjaahu, Animal Collective, Anthony and the Johnsons, Cinematic Orchestra, Burial, Catpower, some Bowie( if he can get out of retirement!!!) etc.. You get the picture.

Well I'm glad to be here.

Pierre
FlyingPig
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: I'm finally in!!!

Postby anortherncod on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Pierre and welcome to the forum :D

I LURVE Antony and the Johnsons too - although I'm about to make a fool of myself and say; when is the new album out...? :oops:
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Well ..... first of all welcome to you Pierre:smt006

I love Anthony of Anthony and the Johnsons, he is a true talent - and have to say that Bjork being my favourite female artist by far - their collaboration "Dull Flame of Desire" is just amazing and very much one of my all time favourite love songs aside from Bjork's "Unravel" and my absolute fav "Joga" :wink:
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:01 am

Barbierian wrote:Well ..... first of all welcome to you Pierre:smt006

I love Anthony of Anthony and the Johnsons, ... Bjork's "Unravel" and my absolute fav "Joga" :wink:

Ditto all that! Welcome Pierre! A&TJ are great and those two are my fave tracks from Homogenic! :-D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi Pierre!

I'm so sorry you had to wait 2 months to get approved. That whole thing with putting 'Sylvian' as your location was really a mess, a lot of people did not do it, or missed it and there would be a lot of hassle to get them back on the list... Unfortunately, it was the only thing I could do to keep this board from getting spam-blasted.

I am very happy to say, though, that putting 'Sylvian' as your location is no longer necessary! As we now have a fool-proof spam blocker. I wholeheartedly apologize to everyone who was affected by the madness, and deleted along with all of the other spammers! I especially apologize to you, Pierre, 2 months too long!

With that I hope JapanSylvian was worth the wait. I look forward to more of your posts!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Nath on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:41 am

welcome and have fun!!!

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby FlyingPig on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Wow!!
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!
I will start adding my 2 cents in the forums.
2 months is nothing really. Everything is as it should be.

Pierre
FlyingPig
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Introduce Yourself