Japan t-shirts...

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Japan t-shirts...

Postby Moon Park on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 pm

I do hope this hasn't been posted before - I had a brief look through the threads but I didn't spot it...

I can't vouch for how good these are or how good the seller is since I've not yet ordered one for myself, but the very fact that I found an online vendor selling what can only be described as a veritable crapload of Japan t-shirts of varying sizes, colours and designs made me want to boohoo loudly at my bank manager to front me up a loan :lol:

http://www.mysecretgarden-store.com/sho ... 4178080577

Please don't hurt me if they've already been mentioned here :lol:
Moon Park
Regular
Regular

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:15 am

I don't much care for those. That being said, I'm picky in regards to band shirts. The only ones I'll purchase are tour shirts. It bothers me when people set up an online shop and sell shirts that they more or less just slapped an album cover onto. :roll: Not very creative.

I made my own Japan shirts 8)
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Moon Park on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 am

Well, that's entirely your prerogative of course, but considering I've been looking for a Japan shirt for about 20 years, I thought others here may also be interested, hence posting the link. Some of us don't have the time or necessary artistic ability to make their own shirts, quite honestly :?
Moon Park
Regular
Regular

Postby Bern on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 pm

I don't know I can't leave you two alone for five minutes...
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Moon Park wrote:Well, that's entirely your prerogative of course, but considering I've been looking for a Japan shirt for about 20 years, I thought others here may also be interested, hence posting the link. Some of us don't have the time or necessary artistic ability to make their own shirts, quite honestly :?

Jeez, nice to know people can't have opinions...
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Moon Park on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 pm

What a completely unnecessary reply, "people can't have opinions". I was simply just trying to do people a favour by posting what I thought was a helpful/useful link. I didn't say anything rude to lastgoldstar, so there was no need for that, frankly.
Moon Park
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Don't mind old Vapor... No one is spared by him, so don't take it personally! ;)

I appreciate your link, and please don't feel hesitant about posting more in the future!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby karnsculpture on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:33 am

I bought an Adolescent Sex T shirt from this company. It's great. They can do any size you like (I am a big guy and wanted a long T shirt and they did the job). The only problem was that because I ordered a non-standard size it took longer to arrive - but there was no extra charge and I am totally happy with the product. The Adolescent Sex LP cover on the black T shirt works really well with the big red Japan logo in the centre.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:38 am

Crikey, I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just putting forth an opinion and making conversation.

Anyway... a couple of years ago, I searched high and low for shirts, and out of frustration, I ended up making my own (the site you linked either didn't exist at the time or it was just elusive). I never said they were that good, lol. I mentioned that because it was actually a rather enjoyable process if you were ever so inclined to do so. There's nothing wrong with the shirts on that site and if karnsculpture says they're great, I'd go by that. Personally, I just think they're priced a bit too high (I am admittedly cheap, though) and I tend to prefer something unique and edgy, so to each his own.

The only other thing I could think of would be to check and see if any shirts ever turn up on eBay. I bought a new old stock 1984 Duran Duran tour shirt that way. And also learned that a small shirt in '84 apparently equals an exxxxxxtra small shirt today.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 am

Some interesting shirts there for sure, but that has to be one of the UGLIEST sites I've ever seen. My poor eyes.

Has anyone bought one of these shirts to verify the quality (or lack there-of)?

I also agree - sometimes you can find some rare tour shirts via ebay.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia