The Waking Hour

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

The Waking Hour

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:51 am

I wish that David would have sang on this album. I think if that had been the case this would be one of my all time favorite albums.

Peter Murphys drone doesn't mesh well with Mick's bass lines. The whole album just sounds really jumbled, and akward at times. Especially the vocals.

I still enjoy alot of it though, some great melodies, especially on Judgement is the Mirror, and Artemis. I played this one at work today and everyone enjoyed it and all were pretty intrigued by it.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby deadbees on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:30 am

Peter Murphy is surely the most pretentious man ever in music.
Mick did a superb (instrumental) version of the track 'Dali's Car' on his '94 tour with Jansen/Barbieri/Torn - was right by the stage at the Jazz Cafe gig in Camden. :D
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby anortherncod on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 am

Just bumping an old thread - well, why not?

I reacquired this album recently and although Peter Murphy may well be the most pretentious man in music (sure I read a quote from Mick somewhere saying that if he'd not put a stop to it, the album would have been even MORE pretentious), I still liked it just as I did back in the day.

Murphy's voice REALLY reminds me of Placebo's Brian Molko - should be the other way round, shouldn't it...? :wink:

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:20 pm

I have not loved all of Mick's solo work, but I did like this one. I have always wanted to hear this without the vocals, and would buy it in a second.

As it is, I believe Mick simply handed over the finished instrumental tracks to PM. Why not rerelease them without vocals?
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Nightporter on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:57 am

deadbees wrote:Peter Murphy is surely the most pretentious man ever in music.

I take it you have never heard of a certain Mr Robbie Williams then?

I liked the 'Dali's Car' project for what it was very much. To this day I am a fan of the work of Peter Murphy and bauhaus and I enjoyed the 'contrast' of Murphy and Karn in that album.

I do not think the project and album either received anywhere near the credit that it deserved.
The Nightporter
Regular
Regular

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia