............and my heart was broken as well!!!

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

............and my heart was broken as well!!!

Postby krausy on Thu May 25, 2006 11:22 pm

I had bought a copy of the Epic self-titled release called Japan on LP on ebay last week or so and it arrived today----------broken!!!
:( :cry:

As soon as I saw the package I could feel my heart sink---I just knew it was not going to be good. I work in the business and it appears the package got caught in some kind of sorting equipment along it's way through the postal system. It had dark marks on it, the corner was bent, and it was punctured!! Sure enough I opened it and it was busted.

I think what hurt my feelings the most was there was a big torn part in David's face :cry:

I contacted the seller to let them know what happened---I don't blame the seller AT ALL. They did everytning possible to package it the best they could. My only error was not insuring it, but I have bought so many items on ebay and other sites and NEVER had this problem--ever!!!! I wanted the seller to know that what happened would not affect his feedback. I feel certain I will find another someday. I used to own one a long time ago but gave alot of vinyl away years ago---silly me. My just deserve I suppose!! :?
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri May 26, 2006 4:45 am

Oh how utterly disappointing for you! I dont usually insure stuff either but I might have to reconsider - having just purchased two things from Japan (the country)...

Will you try and track down a replacement?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: ............and my heart was broken as well!!!

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 26, 2006 7:15 am

krausy wrote:I had bought a copy of the Epic self-titled release called Japan on LP on ebay last week or so and it arrived today----------broken!!!
:( :cry:

As soon as I saw the package I could feel my heart sink---I just knew it was not going to be good. I work in the business and it appears the package got caught in some kind of sorting equipment along it's way through the postal system. It had dark marks on it, the corner was bent, and it was punctured!! Sure enough I opened it and it was busted.

I think what hurt my feelings the most was there was a big torn part in David's face :cry:

I contacted the seller to let them know what happened---I don't blame the seller AT ALL. They did everytning possible to package it the best they could. My only error was not insuring it, but I have bought so many items on ebay and other sites and NEVER had this problem--ever!!!! I wanted the seller to know that what happened would not affect his feedback. I feel certain I will find another someday. I used to own one a long time ago but gave alot of vinyl away years ago---silly me. My just deserve I suppose!! :?

Oh man I am so sorry! That is so horrible! I know our family has recieved broken things before- That really sucks. I really hope you can get another one! That's so sad what you said about the rip being right down Mr. Sylvians face... Darn flimsey cardboard! Boxes should be made out of re-inforced steel when it comes to Japan stuff :-)

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Fri May 26, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks girls :wink:

Yes, Kinki I will try to find another---in fact there is one on ebay right now so maybe just maybe...................

and if I get so lucky Kera I will insure it and pray pray pray!!!!! :roll:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri May 26, 2006 3:05 pm

Oh no! :cry: I really do hope you get another copy!

Yeah, I've ordered loads of stuff from various sites and have never had a problem like that! The worst thing I think that's ever happened to me was when I ordered Duran Duran's Medazzaland from a company in the Amazon Marketplace- they sent the case but inside was a copy of The Wedding Album instead. :roll:

Good luck!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri May 26, 2006 3:41 pm

krausy wrote:Thanks girls :wink:

Yes, Kinki I will try to find another---in fact there is one on ebay right now so maybe just maybe...................

and if I get so lucky Kera I will insure it and pray pray pray!!!!! :roll:

Honey, I am praying for you! :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 26, 2006 4:21 pm

I am crossing every finger I have... Even a few toes!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri May 26, 2006 5:16 pm

Oh!! That really sucks!!!

Hope you get another copy!! Well, these things can happen sometimes , fortunately they don't happen very often , but when it happens is terrible!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat May 27, 2006 9:37 pm

Thanks everybody.................. :-D

which reminds me I better go take a look at my ebay and check the status............ 8)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun May 28, 2006 12:07 am

aw girl... i am totally sorry to hear that happened to your package. I hope they didn't ship it flat? Didn't they airpack it?
Gosh how heartbreaking for you.... I mean mostly cause its money sort of down the drain. LOL... of course I'm the queen of that on ebay... how many vintage cameras have a bought that don't work!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun May 28, 2006 10:15 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:aw girl... i am totally sorry to hear that happened to your package. I hope they didn't ship it flat? Didn't they airpack it?
Gosh how heartbreaking for you.... I mean mostly cause its money sort of down the drain. LOL... of course I'm the queen of that on ebay... how many vintage cameras have a bought that don't work!

which reminds me........I need to tell you what we found in my Dad's workshop when we were cleaning it out. Seems as if my grandfather on Mum's side was a photographer by trade, and we found his old wooden box camera (the kind you put on the tripod) ---we couldn't believe it, especially that we found it in fairly good condition considering how hot and moist it was out there........... :shock: Of course my brother got to keep it since it was his job to clear out the workshop--but he will treasure it, I know!!!

Anyway, still got my eye on another lp---we'll see what happens!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Mon May 29, 2006 5:22 am

What, the same LP or a different one?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon May 29, 2006 7:59 am

kinki wrote:What, the same LP or a different one?

Trying to find one the same if possible.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon May 29, 2006 9:38 am

OOOOOHHHH Krausy... that is a wonderful find for your family! I am envious of the camera itself. I love the images that come from box cameras. I actually had a student build a sliding box camera and the images he took were amazing. I'm always so impressed by how my students seem to drift to the historical processes in photography. Not too many have been drawn to the more digital work....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia